BJ PENN TRAINED 3 TIMES A WEEK?

TS asking us to find a link for an article he may have read.

I ain't triggered.

a lot of the things that people always say "if only they didn't/did do this, they'd be great" is also why they're as good as they are. it's a double edged sword. like Jon Jones and his habitual criminality. people always say "if he wasn't such a fuck up he could be the undoubted GOAT" but the problem is, that don't give a fuck attitude outside of the ring is also what makes him good inside of the ring.

same with BJ. the things that makes him wild and crazy outside of the ring, is also what makes him wild and crazy inside of it. nobody is perfect and a lot of times your gift is your curse too.
great answer

Just think if he'd have trained as much as Tito.

{<BJPeen}

“I train six days, actually six days a week. Five days a week, I’ll train three days a week. One of those days I will train two days of the week. So, six days a week I will be training.”

<{Joewithit}>

All of your favourite fighters training 2-3 times per day are on PEDs

He wasn't motivated enough to train.

He also learned from Iverson
practice-weainttalkinaboutthegame.gif
Imagine if he had learned from ted lasso instead

So he trained around half a week, he won around half of his fights, makes sense. Imagine if he would have trained full weeks? Rickson Gracie levels

Apparently he often trained less, which on his super hot streak where he dominated was crazy to think.

BJ is 100% the definition of when talent doesn't put in the work. Stupid fast hands and athletic ability even with a psuedo dad bod. When he was hungry he was a absolute murderer.
unfortunately that was like 5 or 6 fights in his entire career. he was so dissapointing because he was so damn talented and didnt usually put in the work.

Bj Penn the most overhyped/overrated ever because he had a built in excuse the lazy fatty.. everytime he lost people would say he wasn't motivated or he fought out of his weight class..

The dude had no heart.. I have little respect for lazy fucks like him who gets a pass and excuse everytime he lost because he didn't work hard like all the greats
he had heart. he took many beatings in there that others would have crumpled under. he was lazy though. he was hyped because of his talent. he had a high ceiling.. but he rarely ever reached it. let his fans down a lot.

I knew a pro fighter and he loved rolling and hanging with guys 24/7. Some guys just like the lifestyle.

You really don't need to train that much. Better to train less with more intensity. You are training for a fight that is 5 mins for 3 or 5 rounds, not for a fight of 6 days 2 times a day. Without PEDs you can't train that much with any real high intensity. Your body wouldn't be able to recover fast enough. That means to train like that you would be training a low intensity and mostly going through the motions just to prevent over training. If you look at boxers training they don't train like that. They run in the morning and they'll spar/pad work in the afternoon. Adding any real strength and conditioning work to that type of 6 days a week 2 times a day schedule is just asking for over training without PEDs. Any real strength and conditioning work would require more recovery time if done naturally.

People will say they need to learn as much as they can so they are working on techniques during that time. Which is understandable, but from what I see, most teach the same stuff all week so it's just repetitive training mostly. If you can pick up on things faster, you don't really need to train 6 days a week 2 times a day. But if that's what they feel they need then that's what people will do. I do better training less with more focus and intensity in my training sessions instead. I like to train how I fight, so I don't like low intensity work because that's not how I fight. I want my training to be able to transfer into my actual fighting style.

Literally wrong on every level

he had heart. he took many beatings in there that others would have crumpled under. he was lazy though. he was hyped because of his talent. he had a high ceiling.. but he rarely ever reached it. let his fans down a lot.

Fighterz who dont push themselves in the gym have no heart.. Fighting is the easy part.. The dude didn't have the heart to push himself to the limits in the gym..

Whenever he faced adversity he crumbled and always had that safety valve excuse of " oh I was out of shape ".. the dude didn't like adversity and the 1st sign of that is him not willing to push himself in the gym

Back