BJ PENN TRAINED 3 TIMES A WEEK?

GSP says missing one training session is walking away from a week of progress.

Bj Penn the most overhyped/overrated ever because he had a built in excuse the lazy fatty.. everytime he lost people would say he wasn't motivated or he fought out of his weight class..

The dude had no heart.. I have little respect for lazy fucks like him who gets a pass and excuse everytime he lost because he didn't work hard like all the greats
If he as a lazy fuck with no heart STILL accomplished more than any other hard working, great heart having LW in his prime era (the 00s) are you saying he is automatically overrated because he has no heart, regardless of accomplishments?

Shouldn’t we base accomplishments on, you know, accomplishments?

Most would argue that Sherk worked harder and had more heart than Penn. Does that mean he was a better, more accomplished fighter?

I mean c’mon man. Keep some perspective.

If you want to argue that his biggest fans give too much credit to the first half of his career and ignore the second half, then make that argument. Or some other sensible argument.

Last edited:
I mean, it explains his record

Floyd beat a lot of people just running and doing push-ups, sit ups, and some light bag/pad work here and there.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Besides the Conor fight, Floyd trained harder than anyone

If he as a lazy fuck with no heart STILL accomplished more than any other hard working, great heart having LW in his prime era (the 00s) are you saying he is automatically overrated because he has no heart, regardless of accomplishments?

Shouldn’t we base accomplishments on, you know, accomplishments?

Most would argue that Sherk worked harder and had more heart than Penn. Does that mean he was a better, more accomplished fighter?

I mean c’mon man. Keep some perspective.

If you want to argue that his biggest fans give too much credit to the first half of his career and ignore the second half, then make that argument. Or some other sensible argument.

What accomplishments??? His biggest win streak was 5... 5 fucking wins... LOL.. Held whatever belt he won for 10 secs because like I said he had no heart to keep working in the gym and push himself.

He has 14 LOSSES and 16 WINS.. he is a .500 fighter.. I know this is where you use " he wasn't motivated in his losses ", " oh he was so tough fighting outside his weight class " excuse.. No was he was a lazy fuck that didn't like adversity. the dude had no heart and is overrated

That sounds cool if you win. But when you’re getting your face beat on the regular, you’d think you would train a little harder.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Besides the Conor fight, Floyd trained harder than anyone
I'm saying afterwards, he started training very minimal. He says it himself a lot. He will just run and do push ups and sit-ups and do light pad/bag work at the end of his career. His light work is still a lot more than what peoples hard work is. He runs a couple miles more than other people so it balances out even though he'll run less days because he runs more when he does run. Same with his other training. He just goes non stop with no breaks. So his light work and minimal days is still more work than what others are doing even if they are training more days.

Literally wrong on every level
Not really lol. People could simplify that and not have to train as much and get the same or better results. You are not training hard intensity 6 days a week 2 times a day with strength and conditioning included with no PEDs lol. If you are able to, science would like to study your body and see why your body recovers so fast.

Do you do better with information overload? Would you work better having to work 6 days a week 2 times a day or 5 days a week with 2 days of training just 1 day a week? Think of training as school and only having 1 day off. Wouldn't you think that's too much work and information overload? How much do you expect to retain studying like that? Less days, with more focus is always better than 6 days just going through the motions and not really retaining everything.

This is why some people pick things up faster and require less time to learn the same things or be able to do the same things. They train/learn differently. If someone does something in less time you shouldn't say what they are doing is wrong, instead you should see what they are doing different. Because they obviously figured something out to speed up the process.

It makes him lazy.

Look at how he looked with Marv and Gary - he was dial'd in and a fucking killer with the conditioning to match the skills.

Gary and Marv left early in the camp for Frankie (1st fight) because Penn, allegedly, told them if they could take it easy with the s&c because he was feeling too tired to do sparring. This was also the first camp that gary and marv came to Hilo for. So we can assume Penn was back to his old ways and was tired from other things and not the proper s&c that gary & marv had him doing.

I maintain that version of BJ Penn is the goat LW. He was a totally different animal

Honestly I have the theory that BJ Penn maybe could've trained harder but I think the reality of it was he was not on Peds and this is why he come out not looking insanely jacked like all of his rivals. I may be wrong but in my opinion BJ was the natty Goat and was only beaten by the pre USASA roided guys that weren't as skilled as him.

BJ is a lazy guy. He was lucky to be naturally gifted. With time, others with natural talent came into MMA but this time, they had the work ethic.

Yea but he licked his gloves every fight.

Tap a couple fools to warm up. Then we're hitting some pads straight into 2 rounds of light sparring. After that it's all about tasty waves and a cool buzz. He's fine. Burrito truck to refuel.

Crazy to imagine this was one of the best fighters of his time...
penn-w-suzuki-pool-e.jpg

Back