Elections BJ Penn loses election, refuses to concede

He cant catch a win

It amazes me he has such a cult following even in the UFC forum people still bring up his name in any Khabib and LW thread saying "Prime Motivated BJ Penn destroys them all"

Penn is also the only fighter who gets praised for losing fights his fans say "an out of prime Penn got beat down but held his own until he was finished IMAGINE what a "Prime BJ would of done!?"

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...ining-order-physical-sexual-abuse-allegations

Penn is a rich kid who had the luxury of training full time and having the best coaches because of that money. He did amazing things but he is not the messiah that many make him out to be.

He cant catch a win

It amazes me he has such a cult following even in the UFC forum people still bring up his name in any Khabib and LW thread saying "Prime Motivated BJ Penn destroys them all"

Penn is also the only fighter who gets praised for losing fights his fans say "an out of prime Penn got beat down but held his own until he was finished IMAGINE what a "Prime BJ would of done!?"

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...ining-order-physical-sexual-abuse-allegations

I use to think it was his fans that made it so hard to like Penn. But the more time goes on, it’s appearant it was just Penn himself. Hope he gets his life straightened out though.

He cant catch a win

Because we watched it in real time, as it was happening. At his peak, he reached a level that is rarely seen in the UFC.

Plus Khabib was too afraid to lose and retired early to avoid it. BJ on the other hand, went up and won a WW title despite being bantamweight sized by today’s standards and took on the WW GOAT. Monumental achievement and the guy had iron balls.

He stuck around too long, way past his prime and embarrassed himself and destroyed his legacy because casuals like you cannot understand anything other than recency bias.

Plus who cares about his personal struggles? I’m not asking him to marry my daughter. He’s a mess but at his peak, he was incredible. I would like to see Khabib take on Usman or even just stick around and put his record on the line...

too-much-rain-over-the-rain.gif

Because we watched it in real time, as it was happening. At his peak, he reached a level that is rarely seen in the UFC.

Plus Khabib was too afraid to lose and retired early to avoid it. BJ on the other hand, went up and won a WW title despite being bantamweight sized by today’s standards and took on the WW GOAT. Monumental achievement and the guy had iron balls.

He stuck around too long, way past his prime and embarrassed himself and destroyed his legacy because casuals like you cannot understand anything other than recency bias.

Plus who cares about his personal struggles? I’m not asking him to marry my daughter. He’s a mess but at his peak, he was incredible. I would like to see Khabib take on Usman or even just stick around and put his record on the line...

I watched the florian, sanchez, Edgar etc fights live. You are living with nostalgia. Penn was never on the level of Fedor, or GSP

He was a great LW but is far behind Khabib

Penn fighting at WW and LHW is irrelevant as he lost almost all those fights and it isnt relevant to LW

<LikeReally5><[analyzed}>

I watched the florian, sanchez, Edgar etc fights live. You are living with nostalgia. Penn was never on the level of Fedor, or GSP

Penn fighting at WW and LHW is irrelevant as he lost almost all those fights and it isnt relevant to LW

GSP greased so that loss does not count.

What has Khabib done that is impressive?

Ill agree BJ is below GSP but so is Khabib. Khabib beat a few legit guys then retired before he was really tested. Within a year, Charles got the belt and crushed Khabib’s biggest wins with ease. He has like 4 legit wins tops and retired to avoid losing. Pathetic.

GSP greased so that loss does not count.
<LikeReally5> homeboy cried and gave up in between rounds then brought his mom with him ti court and slandered gsp as a steroid user which was never proven

What has Khabib done that is impressive?

Ill agree BJ is below GSP but so is Khabib. Khabib beat a few legit guys then retired before he was really tested. Within a year, Charles got the belt and crushed Khabib’s biggest wins with ease. He has like 4 legit wins tops and retired to avoid losing. Pathetic.

Undefeated
Undefeated UFC
Lost only like 2 rounds
Beat more top fighters than Bj Penn

Penn is a rich kid who had the luxury of training full time and having the best coaches because of that money. He did amazing things but he is not the messiah that many make him out to be.

This is very misleading. Penn had the luxury of training full time but if you go to any BJJ or dojo ballet class, band or piano training ect, you don't have to struggle to find parents who are getting the best everything for their kids. Few BJJ nerds turn out like BJ Penn. Like with most things, you either have it or you don't. You put Lebron in a prep school or in the inner city in LA and he still turns into Lebron. BJ Penn would have become BJ Penn anywhere but with proper coaching just quicker. The fucker schooled Matt Hughes when Matt Hughes was the bosshog.

BJ Penn and not knowing when to hang it up. Name a more iconic pair.

ya gonna see more republicans do this as time goes on even for the littlest/stupidiest offices.

BJ didnt have that look in his eye.
BJ-Penn.gif

we need the BJ Penn banner as a sticker

Still though, 24% of republicans voted for him I think. He did better than Jenner did in CA.

He cant catch a win

Sakuraba gets praised for losing fights too. People always worship him for going up in weight and mostly getting destroyed; meanwhile Dan Henderson moved up in weight to fight beasts and mostly won, and put on a great fight even when he lost. He was comically undersized when he fought prime Big Nog in Pride but he put up a hell of a fight.

This is very misleading. Penn had the luxury of training full time but if you go to any BJJ or dojo ballet class, band or piano training ect, you don't have to struggle to find parents who are getting the best everything for their kids. Few BJJ nerds turn out like BJ Penn. Like with most things, you either have it or you don't. You put Lebron in a prep school or in the inner city in LA and he still turns into Lebron. BJ Penn would have become BJ Penn anywhere but with proper coaching just quicker. The fucker schooled Matt Hughes when Matt Hughes was the bosshog.
Penn did great things and he had exceptional talent but his status in life afforded him the access to the best coaches and the luxury of training full time with no other worries. He had natural athleticism that aided him but we also argue that the fighters were not as skilled back then without the exception of guys like Hughes and a few others. Even with Hughes, there is a time where even the bosshog eventually gets bested.

Penn did great things and he had exceptional talent but his status in life afforded him the access to the best coaches and the luxury of training full time with no other worries. He had natural athleticism that aided him but we also argue that the fighters were not as skilled back then without the exception of guys like Hughes and a few others. Even with Hughes, there is a time where even the bosshog eventually gets bested.

Look at how many people from the U.S. won world's medals in BJJ and who was the first not from Brazil. There are hardly still any americans who have won gold like B.J. Penn. The infrastructure hardly existed for Penn to win a gold and it is still meager.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Jiu-Jitsu_Championship
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Jiu-Jitsu_Championship

Back