• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bizarre Cases of the missing and murdered

It's interesting, but I believe it's been solved. Back in 2011 his niece came forward with some information and I think the FBI considers the case closed now. They believe he, real name LD Cooper, lost all, or nearly all, the money on his jump after some complications with his chute. Hence the reason none of the money made it back into circulation. His brother may have been involved also, perhaps at the drop zone. They lived approximately 7 miles away from where he came down and they both were supposed to be on a hunting trip together.

the DP cooper case is weird. I remember during an unsolved mysteries episode they said they did find money on the ground some time later, correct? I'm just surprised, since if that's the case couldn't they have tracked his movement by footprints, etc?

Anyone remember the Circleville Writer?

Someone had been sending creepy ass letters in the typical serial killer looking handwriting with personal information about their lives. One of the letters sent to this woman detailed an affair she supposedly had with a school superintendent. The writer basically said I know you have kids, I know where you live and bad things are going to happen if you don't admit the affair to the school board.

One day the womans husband received a phone call and went berzerk. He grabbed a gun and took off in his car. He was found later with his car wrapped around a tree and one shot had been fired from his gun. The cops called it a drunk driving accident and soon after the writer started writing about a police coverup involving the death.

Afterward the wife and superintendent admitted their affair but they claimed it only started after the letters began. Who the hell did they think they were fooling? Anyway, the letters continued on for years after. The woman was a bus driver and she started seeing signs posted up along her route with harassing messages. Either her or someone drove by at some point and saw a guy in an El Camino setting one of the signs up. One day she stopped and went to rip the sign down when it was actually a gun in a box with a string attached to the trigger that was supposed to blow her head off upon removing the sign. The booby trap didn't work and her life was spared.

The cops showed up and noticed the guns serial number had been ground off but they were able to get enough of it to realize it was registered to her brother in law. He claimed the gun had gone missing a while back. They arrested him on the gun evidence and some inconclusive hand writing evidence when compared to the letters. He ended up getting convicted and sent to prison.

Everyone thought that was it but while he was locked away, the letters kept coming and they weren't postmarked from anywhere near his prison. The warden put him in solitary and the letters still kept coming. He even received some sort of letter that made it seem as if he was in cahoots with the writer. After 10 or 15 years he got out of prison and never admitted being the writer. The writer has never been caught.

Theres an unsolved mysteries episode of this; it's one of my favorites. At some point a few years ago someone uploaded almost every episode to Youtube but they all got taken down. That was one of the ones I sought and found.

My latest true crime article looks into 3 true strange cases - one with a boy who goes into the woods and ends up dead under strange circumstances, another of a woman who is taken in the night with her youngsters bearing witness and finally an Air Force disappearance that some have linked to UFOs....

http://culturecrossfire.com/etc/uns...arre-cases-of-the-missing-and-murdered-vol-4/

It sounded as if the Ladner boy was executed while hunting in Mississippi and the local police authorities just did a half ass investigation. Bullet to the head, knife cut to the head, and a missing wallet. In 1989, how difficult would it have been for one of the Ladner parents to contact the FBI? The local police botched a murder case as a suicide case, circus clowns.

Well damn, it appears its pretty well figured out these days.

I saw a show on that incident and they showed one of the lost photo's that one of the hikers took and there was this massive bigfoot like creature standing near some trees.

This thread is brilliant.

I spent all day yesterday reading this thread then looking up the cases posted.

Most disturbing - Junko Furuta
Most interesting - D.B Cooper

I saw a show on that incident and they showed one of the lost photo's that one of the hikers took and there was this massive bigfoot like creature standing near some trees.

I saw that picture, it's just like every other "bigfoot" photo: blurry and inconclusive lol. Almost looks like someone wearing bulky clothes.

It was definitely a bizarre murder video.

wait u actually saw it?? I thought that shit was only on the deep web?

I read dude and accomplishes made several flixs until cops caught them.

the DP cooper case is weird. I remember during an unsolved mysteries episode they said they did find money on the ground some time later, correct? I'm just surprised, since if that's the case couldn't they have tracked his movement by footprints, etc?
Yes, they've found some of the money DB Cooper lost on the jump. None of the money that DB Cooper jumped out of the plane with has shown up in circulation, even after all these years.

My pediatrician whom I've known from when I was really little went missing in 1999 after she went to go skiing. She took a wrong turn and ended up going off the established path. She went missing for about three months before investigators found bone fragments, bits of human hair, her clothing, and equipment in a wooded ravine not too far from the ski lodge. She was either eaten by a predator, or died of hypothermia before the animals carried her body off.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Missing-Pediatrician-s-Remains-Found-Near-Ski-2925885.php

That detailed link hit me in the feels, especially when she begged them to kill her and get it over with. For her to endure that torture for 44 days is insane.

I don't have a space to put this in my head. Jesus fucking christ. I had read the story before but the day to day breakdown was too much.

I've seen a chainsaw decapitation video but it doesn't even compare. 44 days of sustained abject brutality to a person... I don't know what to think.

Fuck.

Keep em coming Tank. That's crazy about Adam Walsh and the fact that he was basically initially identified on where a filling was in his mouth.

It's interesting, but I believe it's been solved. Back in 2011 his niece came forward with some information and I think the FBI considers the case closed now. They believe he, real name LD Cooper, lost all, or nearly all, the money on his jump after some complications with his chute. Hence the reason none of the money made it back into circulation. His brother may have been involved also, perhaps at the drop zone. They lived approximately 7 miles away from where he came down and they both were supposed to be on a hunting trip together.

Its never been solved. There's been a lot of people coming forward claiming their suspicious uncle was DB Cooper but there was no evidence to link any of them to the hijacking.

Can't remember if Jack the Ripper has been mentioned on this thread, I'm guessing he has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back