Bisping's resolutions: fight Anderson Silva, not

ShadFace

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/17/...lutions-beat-living-snot-out-of-vitor-belfort

"For me Christmas is coming late this year, normally it's December 25th, for me Christmas is going to be January 19th when I go down to Brazil, beat the living snot out of Vitor Belfort and take my title fight, my rightly deserved title fight, my long overdue title fight."

"I haven't personally heard anything from Dana [White] or the UFC, I heard him on the weekend say I'd probably get a shot at Belfort - sorry at Silva if I beat Belfort. I honestly believe I would deserve it, in my mind Vitor Belfort is the hardest fight in the middleweight division outside of Anderson Silva. My last fight was against Brian Stann, before that it was a controversial loss against Chael Sonnen, before that I hadn't lost a fight since 2009. So if I beat Vitor I definitely deserve a shot, I'm definitely the number one contender."

"Well, this is it, you know, Anderson is rightly so regarded pound-for-pound best. What can I do? Listen, I've never got in with him, I don't know. I believe in myself, I believe in my skills, I believe in my training, I believe in my ferocity as a fighter, I'll get in there and I'll fight him, I certainly ain't going to fall down like some of these bums have done lately."

I wonder if he

If Bisping loses to Vitor, which he likely will, I don't ever see him getting a title shot. It's now or never for him IMO.

I want Bisping to win, simply because Anderson beating the hell out of him would be so satisfying to watch.

SonnenWin.jpg

i think sherdog would implode if bisbing won, just imagine it.

That term is getting thrown around to much now a days. Bisping will win. People will be calm about it. Nothing weird on Sherdog will happen that night.

Bisping has lost to Wandy, nuff said.

I want Bisping to win, simply because Anderson beating the hell out of him would be so satisfying to watch.

I couldn't agree more. Then let Hendo, Wand, Sonnen and every other good fighter he's lost to walk into the cage and spit in his corner.

Bisping knocking Anderson out in flamboyant fashion.

Imagine the rivers of tears.

I really don't see him getting past Vitor. I think he's going to be annihilated. Bisping does well 1-2'ing guys who have ploddy footwork, but Vitor is a guy on a bicycle of his own, who just happens to have machine gun fists on top of it. I don't think Bisping can hang with that. We'll see.

To be honest I really don't care for the Bisping fight, Anderson would destroy him and possibly wreck his career like he has done to a few other fighters. If he is going to fight a striker it needs to be one with some power.

Vitor v Anderson 2 would be better imo and then Weidman later in the year if he can stay injury free.

I hope Bisping smashes Belfort just to shut up all the haters and doubters. I think he can do it. But I don't think he will beat Silva or even come close. Although he handled Sonnen better than Silva did for most of the fight.

If bisping got a fight against anderson and won that would have to be the biggest upset in mma history. I am personally very interested in this fight.

I hope Bisping smashes Belfort just to shut up all the haters and doubters. I think he can do it. But I don't think he will beat Silva or even come close. Although he handled Sonnen better than Silva did for most of the fight.

Anderson finished Sonnen twice... I think I might have read that wrong.

I really don't see him getting past Vitor. I think he's going to be annihilated. Bisping does well 1-2'ing guys who have ploddy footwork, but Vitor is a guy on a bicycle of his own, who just happens to have machine gun fists on top of it. I don't think Bisping can hang with that. We'll see.
Yeah, I have a really hard time picturing him winning this fight, especially after seeing how little he was able to do to Stann once he got him down(on like 4/13 takedown accuracy BTW). He was basically just able to hold him down for short spurts and in Brazil they don't seem to let you do that for very long. On the feet he can't hang with Vitor's speed and power.

I'm British and I think this a tough, tough fight for Bisping. If he wins this then he deserves a shot at Anderson (who I think would destroy him, but hey, I think Belfort will beat him too and I'd love to be wrong).

In the very unlikely event he did beat Silva I'd be very interested to see whether it makes mainstream news in the UK. I doubt it.

Back