Bisping putting his foot in

I'm a massive Bisping hater. Pretty sure that's what got me carded recently.

But that being said, Bisping has displayed a type of perseverance and determination that very very few people on Earth will ever even have the opportunity to show. Olympic gymnasts included.
Yeah...Ducking top 5 opponents and handpicking past prime and declining anderson Silva (who knocked him out) and Henderson (who beat him) is the definition of determination.
And then going on to get knocked out by an overweight chubby pothead (gastelum) who after kicking your ass, went 2-4 in his next fights.

I gotta say, bisping has a lion heart and his determination is undisputed!

Pretty dumb by kingping.

basically he’s saying that quitting because of pressure is not a mental health issue, but the the point is that the athlete wasn’t able to deal with the pressure because of the underlying stuff she’s battling. Can’t imagine trying to win an Olympic medal when you have shit on your mind.

Yeah...Ducking top 5 opponents and handpicking past prime and declining anderson Silva (who knocked him out) and Henderson (who beat him) is the definition of determination.
And then going on to get knocked out by an overweight chubby pothead (gastelum) who after kicking your ass, went 2-4 in his next fights.

I gotta say, bisping has a lion heart and his determination is undisputed!

Impressively shitty post.

By criticising 'weak' Simone Biles for withdrawing from the Olympics. It's not like she was a multiple Olympic gold medalist, something that Bisping has never done.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/7/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Bisping is being an idiot.
He admitted not knowing anything about the sport nor about her, so he is assuming she has no other problems or pressures.

Besides, quitters never win??? WTF??? She is a six-time Olympic medalist and 19-time world champion!!! She won a lot more than him, for far longer.

Not defending her, but it is fairly obvious she knows pressure and she already played enough and did not fold ever under pressure. So I give HER the benefit of the doubt.

He admitted not knowing anything about the sport nor about her, so he is assuming she has no other problems or pressures.

Besides, quitters never win??? WTF??? She is a six-time Olympic medalist and 19-time world champion!!! She won a lot more than him, for far longer.

Not defending her, but it is fairly obvious she knows pressure and she already played enough and did not fold ever under pressure. So I give HER the benefit of the doubt.

Exactly, she's also a victim of Larry Nasser and still performed despite everything. She is exhausted and there is nothing wrong in that. It actually takes courage to know when to stop as opposed to blindly follow every orders without asking questions.

Wow, some people really think a gold medalist and multiple time champion at the highest level of her sport has a weak mind ? I think those same guys would not handle this type of mental pressure for 5 min before sh*tting themselves.

UFC champ > 10-time olympic medalist and 30-time world champion.

By criticising 'weak' Simone Biles for withdrawing from the Olympics. It's not like she was a multiple Olympic gold medalist, something that Bisping has never done.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/7/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
I think there is a conversation to be had about why Bisping's commentary may or may not been offensive, but I think we can all agree that it was a bit premature.

We do not even know why Biles is bowing out.

She qualified for 6 or more events I believe. This is gymnastics, not fucking swimming. For the clowns saying "figure skating", gymnastics is probably the most physically demanding sport bar none. Those folks are no joke, and you have to be in it from the beginning, because there is no picking it up half way. I'm not going to debate that shit. It's fucking facts. If this were male gymnasts I wouldn't have even commented, because their strength is unreal.

Moving on, 6 events, some are team and some are individual. Biles may have been feeling the mental pressure or she may have known she could not dominate all events, so chose to withdraw from the group events due to the pressure so that she could absolutely crush the single events. I would not be surprised. The group medals require more participation for fewer shared accolades.

So, she may be mentally weak, or she may be a peak performer being a ruthless Machiavellian. I say, let the shit play out and then add your commentary.

Now, if he had been commenting on Naomi Osaka...

Bisping has no idea of what it's like to perform at the highest level all year long. I love MMA but it's very far removed from being a high level athlete, having to compete every weekend, every months, european championships, worlds, olympics..., always training hours and hours since 6 years old. Don't compare MMA to other sports.
It goes both ways, most sports dont take your health away if you lose 10 times in a row...

I'm a massive Bisping hater. Pretty sure that's what got me carded recently.

But that being said, Bisping has displayed a type of perseverance and determination that very very few people on Earth will ever even have the opportunity to show. Olympic gymnasts included.
Yes, so his opinion is valid from his perspective; but most everyone else piling in, calling her a quitter is beyond a joke.

There's a big difference in performing when everything is going well and you are miles ahead of the competition. She faced slight adversity and quit due to "anxiety".

Unfortunately for Bisping, she is female and an ethnic minority. Both of which are protected species these days and cannot be criticized.

As for your last paragraph, it only stays that way if we all allow it to be that way.

Wouldn't it be nice if Bisping and Sherdog critics were sexually abused, became the face of victims for those public sexual allegations, and still expected to perform at the highest level in the same scope of that sexual abuse? Then their opinions might mean something

Agree with Bisping.

Also IDK who is that Ari Gold guy but he looks like a giant pussy

pretty much in any olympics aside from current clown year this would have been the consensus - that the person withdrawing did not have the requisite mental strength.

Seems like a good excuse to have when you're off your game and don't want to lose.

I feel like if she had mental health issues that were THAT serious, they were probably long before the olympics started, giving her ample opportunity to pull out prior.

Seems convenient that after a poor performance for your standards, you suddenly have to bow out due to your mental health. Seems a little too convenient.

I don’t know the whole story but I don’t see it quite like this.

She’s acknowledging that she can’t hack it.

If she was hamming up a physical injury I would feel differently.

It goes both ways, most sports dont take your health away if you lose 10 times in a row...

Really ? You think MMA is the only sport that is tough on your health ? I guess you never met a lot of athletes. My cousin practiced swimming at pretty high level until she turned 18. She developped all sorts of back problems because her back muscles were so tense. All high level sports are hard on the body.

Back