Bisping putting his foot in

Yes it is totally relevant, a girl used to compete since she's a kid, thriving to place herself on the best podiums of her country and the world, several olympic medals and Bisping calls her mentally weak ? Being constantly solicited by worldwide media, always having to show her best and prove she's the best ? And Bisping compares his own little situation ? It's not about 'feeling she has to compete as hard' it's about saying "stop, I have a say in my life and the way I want it to play"

You do that shit BEFORE you travel to Japan to represent your country. You don't wait till you have a bad day and decide, "Oh well I already have my medals I'll just give up"

Bisping has no idea of what it's like to perform at the highest level all year long. I love MMA but it's very far removed from being a high level athlete, having to compete every weekend, every months, european championships, worlds, olympics..., always training hours and hours since 6 years old. Don't compare MMA to other sports.
Henry Cejudo basically shared the same opinion...

There's a big difference in performing when everything is going well and you are miles ahead of the competition. She faced slight adversity and quit due to "anxiety".

Unfortunately for Bisping, she is female and an ethnic minority. Both of which are protected species these days and cannot be criticized.

How the mighty have fallen.

To be it seems like her heart is simply not there anymore rather than her not being able to deal with the pressure.

By criticising 'weak' Simone Biles for withdrawing from the Olympics. It's not like she was a multiple Olympic gold medalist, something that Bisping has never done.
<{walkerwhut}>

Isn't that the point? He didn't say she's a bad gymnast, he said she's mentally weak if she quit because of the pressure. She put pressure on herself by calling herself goat and saying nobody can beat her, then had a bad day and thought she might not win so she took her ball went home.

He even said if there's some other reason than buckling under the pressure, then he hasn't heard it.

Back