Social Bill Maher and refusing to back down from Russia-Trump collusion story

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
Ok this pretty much exposes who Bill Maher is...an out of touch pot head that lives in an echo chamber. The entire episode which I skimmed through is filled with Trump weaseled his way out of Russia and Barr and Mueller sold out to protect this dictator. I think this removes Bill from any legit liberal conversation and puts him right there with the gals from The View.

You can totally hate Trump and also not believe Russia-collusion is a thing. The fact that he is being so unreasonable throughout the entire episode and flirting with the idea that collusion still happened is bordering delusion at this point. What is the difference between Alex Jones inter dimensional conspiracies and this at this point?

Time stamped 1 of 1000 examples in this video

He’s a comedian, who gives a shit what he thinks? Why are their opinions so important over in the states? Start promoting some res intellectuals.

He’s a comedian, who gives a shit what he thinks? Why are their opinions so important over in the states? Start promoting some res intellectuals.

It's not important necessarily. However, his show used to be kind of a temple for liberals and ideas in general. I used to like it growing up as a liberal but his hatred from Trump blinds him from the big picture.

"I don't need to see the Mueller report to know that Trump is a traitor. I have a TV."

- Bill 'Super Informed, Only Cares About The Facts' Maher

Chris Hedges:

Mueller Report Ends a Shameful Period for the Press

The charge that Russia stole the 2016 presidential election, that Vladimir Putin has secret “pee tapes” of Trump cavorting in a Moscow hotel with prostitutes or that Trump has been a longtime “Kremlin agent,” repeated by reporters whose work I admired in the past, is demagoguery as pernicious as the vile taunts and racist tropes that come out of the White House. The press endlessly repeated such allegations while ignoring the expanding social inequality and suffering of a country where half the population lives in poverty, as well as the collapse of our democratic institutions. These facts, not Russian manipulation, saw enraged American voters elect a demagogue who at least belittles the elites, including those in the press, who sold them out. The charge that Trump was a tool of Russia is entertaining. It attracts billions in advertising dollars. It allows the press to posture as a moral crusader. But over the past three years this obsession blotted out most of the real crimes committed by this administration and the reality most Americans endure.

The mainstream press, owned by the corporations that have extinguished the democratic state and are fleecing the public, as well as destroying the ecosystem on which we depend for life, does not hold its employers to account. The empty chatter about Russia, including in The New York Times, exposes the bankruptcy of the U.S. media. MSNBC and CNN, which long ago abandoned journalism for entertainment, have breathlessly clogged the airwaves with ridiculous conspiracy theories and fantasies and used them to justify a faux crusade.

This is unrelated, but shows what kind of an idiot he really is. Last night when talking about George Clooney protesting some middle-eastern country.

"George Clooney knows a lot about the Middle East. He made Syriana."

To which SC Cupp broke out laughing, because she thought he was joking. He was not joking.

When you treat your political party as your religion, then of course you're going to dismiss facts in favor of faith

The Resistance will never be defeated! For every accusation disproven another two will spring up to take its place!

Down with Tyrant Trump!

When you treat your political party as your religion, then of course you're going to dismiss facts in favor of faith

Interesting you say this because Maher is so good at criticizing religious people (I'm not religious) and showing them how faith is by definition illogical. Yet, when it comes to Trump derangement he doesnt seem to show any signs of slowing down

Aren't comedians supposed to be funny, though?

The Russia collusion thing was all the left had to make it palatable that their side got it's ass kicked by a corny game show host. They're not going to give up on it no matter what evidence comes out.

I will hold judgement until the whole report is released. I have a feeling Barr will remove the parts that make Trump look bad.

Interesting you say this because Maher is so good at criticizing religious people (I'm not religious) and showing them how faith is by definition illogical. Yet, when it comes to Trump derangement he doesnt seem to show any signs of slowing down

He won't slow down even long after Trump is out of office in 2024.

Every one of his shows, he will still blame bad things happening as a result of Trump.

THIS is the true definition of an ASS-HAT.

I will hold judgement until the whole report is released. I have a feeling Barr will remove the parts that make Trump look bad.

So what you're really saying is that you're not withholding judgement until the report is released, and have already decided that it will be tampered with, and have preemptively started bitching about it.

No reason to believe he won't but no reason to believe he will either.

The issue is that the whole Grand Jury thing is legit and those need to be redacted.

Unfortunately, many on the left will say "WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU. SHOW US THE UNREDACTED REPORT!" in which case Barr won't and then they'll subpoena the report.

Then Barr will refuse in the name of National Security and the whole thing gets taken to the SCOTUS where they will rule in favor....of the ATTORNEY GENERAL since he had released the report and is under no obligation to release an unredacted version.

You trump bots are pathetic. The report doesn’t exonerate or prove trump,innocent, mueller simply couldn’t prove he was connected. He can certainly prove his campaign was and Russia was involved in attacking our election.

Only a retard would think trump is innocent. Like a mob boss he’s good at protecting himself from incriminating himself. It’s why his idiot son goes around to these meetings and not him.

This is unrelated, but shows what kind of an idiot he really is. Last night when talking about George Clooney protesting some middle-eastern country.

"George Clooney knows a lot about the Middle East. He made Syriana."

To which SC Cupp broke out laughing, because she thought he was joking. He was not joking.
Clooney isn't protesting any MiddleEastern countries, he is protesting Brunei. So doesn't make sense that Maher would say he is protesting a MiddleEastern country.

Yeah, used to watch Real Time every Friday night but he’s been severely afflicted by the TDS.

Clooney isn't protesting any MiddleEastern countries, he is protesting Brunei. So doesn't make sense that Maher would say he is protesting a MiddleEastern country.

They were also talking about Saudi Arabia(and other nations with abhorrent human rights issues) and the hypocrisy of actors to protest this one nation. The middle east was within the conversation.

Regardless, it doesn't change how stupid the comment was.

Back