Bill Burr trashes Conor McGregor

If you don't like Bill Burr, I don't want to know you. It's that simple.

considering buying a team is an investment: in revenue or profit. EPL owners would beg to exchange places with NFL owners. NFL owners would never even consider it.

Premiere league has way more fans; NFL makes way more money. Which was my point from the beginning.

Yeah, but when you think about it, if you're the number one league in the third biggest country on the planet where people have tons of disposable income it stands to reason that you're gonna be cleaning up financially. It'll be interesting to see if the Chinese ever get into professional team sports what their particular poison will be. Based off of the Olympics alone they have an unbelievable amount of athletic talent there. Will it be handegg or will they go the traditional worldwide route of soccer?

Seriously, why they no rike team sports?

just watched a couple of his videos, thats what you guys consider a "comedy legend"??

Dave Chappelle, thats a comedy legend..... but this guy? seriously? be-fucking-have yourselves lol

Are you dumb. Bill Burr is one of the best comedians out there. Just because he made some jokes about McGregor you don't have to downplay his success and ram hurt in your butt.

Yeah, but when you think about it, if you're the number one league in the third biggest country on the planet where people have tons of disposable income it stands to reason that you're gonna be cleaning up financially. It'll be interesting to see if the Chinese ever get into professional team sports what their particular poison will be. Based off of the Olympics alone they have an unbelievable amount of athletic talent there. Will it be handegg or will they go the traditional worldwide route of soccer?

they don't have disposable income

Anyone that dosen't find him funny just has a shitty sense of humor IMHO

half of my friends are funnier than bill burr and the ahhhn't even fackin comedians.

Great comedian and huge boxing fan. Think he knows and watches more MMA than he lets on about in his comedy and uses the perceived lack of knowledge as material.

All I heard was fuck this fucking fucker. Holy fuck.

I guess that's supposed to be funny ?

Bill Burr>>>>>Conor in their respective professions.

Burr is a comedic legend, hall of famer, icon.

Conor has a little way to go yet, but is certainly on his way.

Ah yes, there is always this guy in the all too common Bill Burr/MMA thread.

Bill Burr is funny, most of the time. He isn't that damn funny. Calling him a comedic legend is a farce and you should feel bad.

Calling him an icon is grounds for 50 lashes in a public square.

Seriously man.

Burr, mostly dry occasionally amusing, not a scratch on someone like George Carlin

Last edited:
I like Burr's work, but this is far from his best and it's old. Please be current TS.

as of next year that wont be the case, and the premier league clubs already bring in more money via sponsorships than NFL clubs

also the Premier League is in competition with La Liga, the Bundesliga and Serie A. All great leagues with great teams in them. what competition does the NFL have for all of that money??
if there was no competition the Premier League would already be the biggest sporting league in the world

How does this prove your point?

The NFL literally unseated Baseball the game known as "America's Pastime".

Your best soccor league can't separate itself from other soccer.

Burr is aight. I like that he references ufc at least. Louis is the best guy you mentioned. Not a fan of Gaffigan personally, my favorites are Patton Oswalt, Ron White, Anthony Jeselnik, Brian Stanhope and Sklar brothers.

Dave Chapelle GOAT.

I would expect Basketball, which is already huge over there to become popular and soccer as well.

The Chinese aren't built for Football.

Love Bill Burr.... check out his podcast , he goes on the funniest rants

Those hating on Burr are simply, well, haters. Not only do his legions of fans love him, but he is probably the most respected among his fellow comedians at the moment. He is constantly coming up with new material, and constantly crushing it. It's one thing if he's not your style, one of you claimed Carlin was the best...I like George but he's a little morose and redundant in style.

Hate all you want, but the consensus says otherwise, and we're talking consensus among comedians which carries a lot more validity than the consensus of the masses. Bill is a legend, plain and simple, and anyone who doesn't acknowledge that simply has a poor grasp of the comedy game. Burr ftw.

The UFC is way less famous since GSP and Brock left.

This is just factually untrue. The UFC has expanded and made more money since then so they're now more famous.

MMA's big fights use to be major news in real broadcast sports news like on ESPN.

... and they still are, all the time. Do you just not ever watch ESPN or pay any attention to sports media anymore? Every time there's a big fight (not just Ronda or Conor) it's covered on ESPN. Not to mention the Fox Sports networks and radio stations, the UFC is obviously all over those.

Back