Biggest waste of money (Jordan's vs. Beats by Dre)

Who is willing to pay for something like this? You then sell the shoes pair by pair?
The guy is 30 yo and the articles says he took him 20 years to collect all of them. So he started at 10 years old? With size 8 shoes or w/e? With parents' money?
Beats are over priced pos but this is just stupid.

Don't know what to tell you. Jordan's are and have been extremely collectible and are worth a shit ton of money. You could have bought the shoes for a fraction of what the collection is now worth, which is north of $300,000-400,000.

Dre ear goggles are curiously popular with middle aged treadmill-walking Surrey housewives. I assume they have to walk to stop the headphones slipping off. Either that or because they're all fat lazy housewives with rich husbands.

i love listening to audiophiles tell me about how much better their noise canceling headphones are better beats (don't own beats btw)

My cousin was a spoiled kid growing up. He bought some beats a few years ago that he barely used. He sold em to me for $20.

I had invited him to play some pool a few months ago and i paid for the pool. He then said since i paid for the pool, we can call it even on the beats (studio hd's).

Not bad imo

This

sc-ms2_293-191269_450x259.jpg

The thing is a money pit

Haha totally agree. I spent over 10k in repairs on that piece of shit. From head gaskets blowing to ridiculous prices on just the windshield wipers. I swear the windshield wipers costs like $100 or something from land rover. The most unreliable piece of shit car i've ever owned. To be honest they ride nice 20% of the time because the other 80% it's in the shop.

I worked for Canadian customs for a while and I had access to "declared price" for merchandise. 5-10$ is an exaggeration: it's more around 1-2.50$. For example, I have never seen glasses worth more than $2.50 (declared price for the frame). Turn the corner and you'll buy the same glass frame for over 200$ and you still need lenses! Same thing with shoes: rarely go above $2.50, declared price.

Nothing new under the Sun.

Haha totally agree. I spent over 10k in repairs on that piece of shit. From head gaskets blowing to ridiculous prices on just the windshield wipers. I swear the windshield wipers costs like $100 or something from land rover. The most unreliable piece of shit car i've ever owned. To be honest they ride nice 20% of the time because the other 80% it's in the shop.
Are these vehicles really that bad? I only ask because of how expensive they are. If they are that poor quality, how can land rover keep getting away with selling such a bad product?

Range Rovers are a pile of wank. But if you can't afford to keep one running, you should've bought that Kia instead.

You're too poor to buy a crappy vehicle is what I'm getting from this post. Commies & Islamic terrorists use deflection too during arguments/discussions.

Are these vehicles really that bad? I only ask because of how expensive they are. If they are that poor quality, how can land rover keep getting away with selling such a bad product?

Because rich people buy 5 of those & put them in rotation/shop.

Jordans potentially have resell value

Beats I assume probably dont

jordans are comfortable but 300 bucks was way overpriced havent bought a pair since 1998. for head phones I use audio technica and samson

Rich people buy them and get rid of them when the warranty is up. It's well known that Land rover and Jaguar are rated as the top 2 most unreliable vehicles you could ever purchase. If you want reliability go with Toyota or Honda. If you want something a little fancier go with Lexus, it's made by Toyota but are a little more money but it's there luxury/performance brand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eliable-car-71-cent-years-old-break-year.html

Good to know therearnaked

I've had fords, infinitys, gmc's, one VW passat (garbage car) and i drive a buick now. And i love that car. Old people get it right picking Buick.

They are, and where I live, they are mostly driven by school-run cunt mums who don't know how to drive.

That's why I never took my bike out to surrey except during the sportive where the roads were blocked off. Those crazy soccer moms in their land rovers will kill you and this is coming from someone who cycled from Ealing to Buckingham palace almost every day.

i love listening to audiophiles tell me about how much better their noise canceling headphones are better beats (don't own beats btw)
In reality actual high end headphones are not noise canceling, actually the opposite, and are "open" headphones.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/high-resolution-headphones-3d-audio-hd-800-s
Beats to me are a fashion accessory than actual good headphones. I'm pretty sure most people that wear them actually don't care about sound quality as much as the status/fashion symbol of them.

I love Dre and I've owned his earbuds and over the ears but my Audio Technicas are cheaper and kill them at half the price.

Good thread. Jordans are great sneakers. Though overpriced, they are better in quality than most of the competition. For the price and the investment potential, they are good, though that means you can't wear them, which sucks.

Beats by Dre are decent headphones. For the price you can do better. No investment potential.

I throw in a third challenger - Kanye West's $100 plain white t shirt. Shitty value and no investment ability except as a novelty item.

Back