Biggest waste of money (Jordan's vs. Beats by Dre)

I have a few pair of Jordans, but I'll never buy them again.

As for headphones, I could see buying an expensive pair if you're into music like that, but I don't think I'd spend money on Dre's ear muffs.

Neither. Cleats by LL Cool J are the biggest scam.

jyfukjpmhg8ftoamfecr.jpg
Lol

This

sc-ms2_293-191269_450x259.jpg

The thing is a money pit
Lol, this^^^^

100k vehicle that isn't that roomy, not the best for mileage or reliability and its "specialty" is its off reading ability. Yeah, how many people are taking a 100k vehicle off road? I see these everyday where I live and its always stay at home moms who I doubt are utilizing the 4x4

Now as for the op, I actually have no problem paying close to 200$ for shoes if I love them and they will get lots of use although I would never buy Jordan's. beats by dre on the other hand, I've never heard them, but how much better can they possibly be from brands that range from 50$-130$? So I think beats by dre is more overpriced

I'd have to go with the Beats. Heck even Dre sold them away. At least with the Jordans, you can find a sneakerhead on Ebay and earn some serious cash.

when I hear someone bought a pair of Beats headphones, I just assume that haven't bothered to do any research into headphones. Fair enough, some don't really care.

when I hear someone bought a pair of Jordans, I just assume they are of a lower socioeconomic background and make poor financial choices. All the kids growing up had a pair of Jordans but were in the free lunch line, lived in the projects and their mothers couldn't afford to buy them a proper coat in a Wisconsin winter. The gravest insults to them were about 1. their mothers and 2. shoes. If you scuffed their Jordans, fight was on.

Yep, you'd think googling "are beats by Dre worth the money" when you see the price tag would be pretty easy but some just aren't even bothered to do that and fair play to them.

Good thread. Jordans are great sneakers. Though overpriced, they are better in quality than most of the competition. For the price and the investment potential, they are good, though that means you can't wear them, which sucks.

My first pair were 7s. I used to wear $20 Walmart shoes, when I started playing basketball, and the Walmart shoes weren't cutting it, I got the 7s, a friend hooked me up so I paid a decent price. It felt worlds apart. It was lighter, I was able to kick off faster, and overall it was awesome.

I throw in a third challenger - Kanye West's $100 plain white t shirt. Shitty value and no investment ability except as a novelty item.

Wat8.jpg

If anyone is in the market to get a land rover and is going to buy one no matter what get the land rover defender. They hold there value extremely well and are pretty reliable. The reason they are reliable is because they don't have anything in them, the air conditioner is a little metal flap you open by the windshield. They also have no airbags etc. Awesome off road and pretty much unbeatable off road. They are also extremely slow.

land-rover-defender-90-black-pack.2000x1333.Feb-20-2014_07.49.22.560178.jpg

Back to the thread topic. I would rather buy jordans then dre headphones. I like the way Jordans fit my feet and they usually last me 2 years or so. I usually buy the plain ones that look super plain like these.

201403172225333458.jpg

I usually find them on sale somewhere for like $100 or something but I don't even care if there jordans I just like the Nike brand. For headphones i'll stick with my sennheisers.

Jordans were cool in the early/mid 90's, but beyond that they're completely lost on me. Ugly as shit and overpriced, in my humble opinion.

Sneaker reseller market is like a billion dollars or something.

Also these are a must cop for me when they release later this year

air-jordan-1-bred-2016-1.jpg

Beats, I got some for x-mas a few years back. Took care of them, had them in the case when not in use, did not use them for any type of overly physical activity. Fucking things still broke on me.

BTW the Air Jordans from around 89-90(I think) were the fucking bomb.

air-jordan-v-black_zps3kmmv6k0.jpg

Beats, I got some for x-mas a few years back. Took care of them, had them in the case when not in use, did not use them for any type of overly physical activity. Fucking things still broke on me.
microcosm

That in a nutshell. Both products are made overseas for around $5-10 but people just have to have them. Honestly, I've never bought a pair of Jordans. That's damn near a utility bill. I've worn a pair of Nikes and I will say, I was not impressed. They're too thin and bend too easily.

As for beats by dre, expensive ass oversized headphones. Nope I'm good.

So which is a bigger waste. Jordan's or Beats?
Can I ask why you're focusing on those two things out of the infinite list of shit made cheaply overseas?

Never bought either. Can't bring myself to buying shoes that expensive that aren't dress shoes and Beats by Dre aren't that good for their price.

I never had Jordans, don't like how they look. maybe i need to be much more athletic and explosive to appreciate 'em. So i won't judge. they may be of good quality. Beats, however, suck some serious balls compared to other headphones of similar price.

Back