Biggest waste of money (Jordan's vs. Beats by Dre)

They're both very explosive items. Right up there with big ass gold chains and Cadillac Escalades

No different from dumb valley girl types spending however much on Uggs that look awful. Or Euro trendies spending over $300 on these:

419pzoI89mL._SX395_.jpg

Stupid people (and rich people) spend silly money on stupid things to look good and impress other stupid (or rich) people.

To answer the question, Beats are worse. I was bought some as a present by my old work place and they are too base heavy and the sound quality is poor. At least Jordans (never owned a pair, but friends do) appear to be pretty well made and match up well, in terms of quality, when compared to similarly priced trainers/sneakers.

I'm going to go with Jordans being the bigger waste because from what I understand beats are actually high quality headphones in functionality. I've never heard anyone talk about good Jordans are as an athletic shoe.

I've never owned either one, so my opinion on this doesn't mean much.

Edit: After reading some of the replies to this thread, it appears that beats suck at functioning as headphones. I no longer have an opinion on which is worse. They're both overpriced.

Beats for sure. I picked up a pair of Bluetooh headphones off of NewEgg for $35 and they sound every bit as good as beats. I also have a pair of plug in Skull Candy Crushers that I use for gaming. They were $100, but they have and amplifier in them to make the bass hit really hard t where your ears vibrate.

Beats, I got some for x-mas a few years back. Took care of them, had them in the case when not in use, did not use them for any type of overly physical activity. Fucking things still broke on me.

BTW the Air Jordans from around 89-90(I think) were the fucking bomb.

air-jordan-v-black_zps3kmmv6k0.jpg
Yeah i had original air jordan 5 back in 90 and wore them 2 years until my feet grew out of them! I dont know if they still have that build quality

I own a pair of Beats by Dre and I love them. Never purchased a pair of Jordans.

No different from dumb valley girl types spending however much on Uggs that look awful. Or Euro trendies spending over $300 on these:

419pzoI89mL._SX395_.jpg

Stupid people (and rich people) spend silly money on stupid things to look good and impress other stupid (or rich) people.

To answer the question, Beats are worse. I was bought some as a present by my old work place and they are too base heavy and the sound quality is poor. At least Jordans (never owned a pair, but friends do) appear to be pretty well made and match up well, in terms of quality, when compared to similarly priced trainers/sneakers.
Those are horrific.

Correct answer is both. I guess people are dumb enough to buy shoes, never wear them, and then find someone dumber to pay more for them. Doesn't make sense, but okay.

Haha totally agree. I spent over 10k in repairs on that piece of shit. From head gaskets blowing to ridiculous prices on just the windshield wipers. I swear the windshield wipers costs like $100 or something from land rover. The most unreliable piece of shit car i've ever owned. To be honest they ride nice 20% of the time because the other 80% it's in the shop.
Interesting . It got decent reviews and its very nice looking car . But good to know the opinions all been the same . I would steer clear from this car now . Thanks .

Rich people buy them and get rid of them when the warranty is up. It's well known that Land rover and Jaguar are rated as the top 2 most unreliable vehicles you could ever purchase. If you want reliability go with Toyota or Honda. If you want something a little fancier go with Lexus, it's made by Toyota but are a little more money but it's there luxury/performance brand.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eliable-car-71-cent-years-old-break-year.html
I dont think this is the case specific for Toyota and Honda any more . There are other companies japanese korean and american that make great reliable cars now .

I dont think this is the case specific for Toyota and Honda . There are other companies japanese korean and american that make great reliable cars now .

Yeah I agree american cars have become much more reliable then before. I have owned my Cadillac for 6 years now without any problems, just oil changes and breaks. I still say Toyota and Honda are at the top of the heap in terms of reliability but other car companies are definitely catching up. I love German cars but they are way too over engineered which means more stuff to go wrong with it. The other thing I don't like is car companies using plastic parts now like plastic air-intake manifolds, and fuel rails etc. Even the newer BMW's don't even have dip sticks anymore. I don't think most people care about this but I like checking my oil and don't want to rely on computers to show me the oil levels etc because computers are unreliable compared to physically checking the oil.

Lol, this^^^^

100k vehicle that isn't that roomy, not the best for mileage or reliability and its "specialty" is its off reading ability. Yeah, how many people are taking a
100k vehicle off road? I see these everyday where I live and its always stay at home moms who I doubt are utilizing the 4x4

Now as for the op, I actually have no problem paying close to 200$ for shoes if I love them and they will get lots of use although I would never buy Jordan's. beats by dre on the other hand, I've never heard them, but how much better can they possibly be from brands that range from 50$-130$? So I think beats by dre is more overpriced
Is that car 100k ? I thought that was the range rover sport . My goodness it must be pretty anger inducing to pay that much for a vehicle and have to put so much money into right away .

Yeah I agree american cars have become much more reliable then before. I have owned my Cadillac for 6 years now without any problems, just oil changes and breaks. I still say Toyota and Honda are at the top of the heap in terms of reliability but other car companies are definitely catching up. I love German cars but they are way too over engineered which means more stuff to go wrong with it. The other thing I don't like is car companies using plastic parts now like plastic air-intake manifolds, and fuel rails etc. Even the newer BMW's don't even have dip sticks anymore. I don't think most people care about this but I like checking my oil and don't want to rely on computers to show me the oil levels etc because computers are unreliable compared to physically checking the oil.
I think someone mentioned Buick . I think that brand has been one of the few solid American cars that didnt have reliability issues . I would like one of those even though looks wise looks like an old man car . n.n

I think someone mentioned Buick . I think that brand has been one of the few solid American cars that didnt have reliability issues . I would like one of those even though looks wise looks like an old man car . n.n

I never really liked the Buick's, always thought of them as a poor mans Cadillac. They always looked ugly to me but yeah I've heard they are pretty good though.

I never really liked the Buick's, always thought of them as a poor mans Cadillac. They always looked ugly to me but yeah I've heard they are pretty good though.
Well thats because it is well um cheaper . n.n

Is that car 100k ? I thought that was the range rover sport . My goodness it must be pretty anger inducing to pay that much for a vehicle and have to put so much money into right away .

yeah maybe thats a sport which i guess starts around 65k. I was just throwing 100k out there becasue i know i looked up range rovers in thepast and saw a lot of them were in that range. Either way i stand by my initial point o fhtem being stupidly overpriced.

Ralph, Armani, Boss.... All manufactured in Asia. It's s racket.

I have Bluetooth Dre earbuds. I got them free when I traded my old phone into Verizon. I like them and could see myself buying another pair if these last awhile. Jordans just aren't my style. Bonus fact: I don't like swim shorts with netting.

fun fact: i have calvin klein, tommy, nautica, polo and other expensive name brand shorts

but i always end up wearing red swimming shorts in not great condition that i bought 15 years ago, with netting

just because i like them and they are comfortable

fun fact: i have calvin klein, tommy, nautica, polo and other expensive name brand shorts

but i always end up wearing red swimming shorts in not great condition that i bought 15 years ago, with netting

just because i like them and they are comfortable
Different strokes for different folks.

Can I ask why you're focusing on those two things out of the infinite list of shit made cheaply overseas?

Well I was watching straight outta Compton. That and I was reading about how Michael Jordan is speaking against police brutality. So those 2 came out of the blue.

419pzoI89mL._SX395_.jpg

totes different because those shoes aren't as hideous as Jordans and if they're rich they're spending minute fractions of their worth on stupid looking shoes whereas only poor people wear Jordans and they spend like 70% of their food stamps on them.

Back