Biggest Sacrifices You Have Made?

I’ve made gigantic sacrifices in my life for work and helping other people that in the end were a waste.

I don’t want to be a jaded person but sometimes it’s hard not to be.

Not getting married and having kids at a younger age because I wasn’t “ready” from a career standpoint.

when I was “ready” the quality of women available at that age I feel was worse.

The good ones I passed by, are all gone and the left overs are just that.

leftovers.

I had a goal of being retired by 40, yes I know it sounds pretty optimistic but it was definitely possible given the field I was in. I went into full workaholic career mode while I was still in school and gave up a lot of my social life so I could make a ton of money and get promoted fast. I didn't quite make my goal, but I got close enough that I'm not complaining. Probably took a good 4-5 years off my life expectancy with all the night shifts and wonky hours I worked when I was younger.

In order to reach your goals? Or maybe was it for another person?
I had no money to do basically anything when I was 20 to 22 because it all went into starting my business. Friends were out partying and going on trips, doing lots of fun stuff and I couldn’t afford to go.

Not getting married and having kids at a younger age because I wasn’t “ready” from a career standpoint.

when I was “ready” the quality of women available at that age I feel was worse.

The good ones I passed by, are all gone and the left overs are just that.

leftovers.
Having kids older is likely a nightmare scenario too. Imagine trying to wrangle a teen when you're 60+.

My current job. Sacrificing my time and health and possibly my life for a pay check to help achieve my goals... And this isn't any only job as far as clocking in clocking out and going home... I've been working for four months straight, minimum of eight hours a day everyday and when I knock off I'm still here, 24 hours a day, seven days a week... Four months without sleeping in my own bed or having a drink with friends or driving my truck or standing in the woods or walking on a beach or whatever else we take for granted day to day... no one forces me to be here except me, I choose to but it's a sacrifice...

I passed on some advancement opportunities in order to provide stability for my family. Best decision I made.

My current job. Sacrificing my time and health and possibly my life for a pay check to help achieve my goals... And this isn't any only job as far as clocking in clocking out and going home... I've been working for four months straight, minimum of eight hours a day everyday and when I knock off I'm still here, 24 hours a day, seven days a week... Four months without sleeping in my own bed or having a drink with friends or driving my truck or standing in the woods or walking on a beach or whatever else we take for granted day to day... no one forces me to be here except me, I choose to but it's a sacrifice...
Reminds me of civilian/contractors working at a military base in the middle east. I know a handful of people that do it just for the money. Some of them are combat as well making a lot of money. Others are IT related and never leave base. A few of them are married with kids too.

I sacrificed my dignity and became a corporate sellout for money

You on an oil rig or work for Blackwater or something?

Reminds me of civilian/contractors working at a military base in the middle east. I know a handful of people that do it just for the money. Some of them are combat as well making a lot of money. Others are IT related and never leave base. A few of them are married with kids too.
An old friend of mine lost his civilian job and went to work for Blackwater for a few years. Bought a house, toys and started a business with the cash he made. Seems like a nice niche springboard for those qualified to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back