Biggest Sacrifices You Have Made?

Yesterday I sacrificed the chance to buy hot dogs at special sale price and instead chose to try to eat healthier.

Have you made a big sacrifice or looking at possibly making one? Curious of your curiosity.
I’ve sacrificed a better social/love life to train mma. Lots of drugs and partying I want to do but don’t as well. Lost a couple friends, and missed out on a bunch of activities. It’s all good though

Not getting married and having kids at a younger age because I wasn’t “ready” from a career standpoint.

when I was “ready” the quality of women available at that age I feel was worse.

The good ones I passed by, are all gone and the left overs are just that.

leftovers.

How old are you talking here?

I've sacrificed many company paid hours hanging out here.

I’ve sacrificed a better social/love life to train mma. Lots of drugs and partying I want to do but don’t as well. Lost a couple friends, and missed out on a bunch of activities. It’s all good though

Did you just say that ignoring social life to train mma is a sactifice?

When I was 18 & I was just about to start college I decided that I'd outgrown the comic book collection that I'd spent almost nine years building. I had about 5000 comics. The most valuable of which was my early Marvel comics. I had complete or near-complete runs of titles like AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS, UNCANNY X-MEN, DAREDEVIL, THE HULK & so on. All of which were worth tens of thousands of dollars.

Anyhow, I became obsessed with the idea that I needed a new car for college & the quickest, easiest way for me to reach that goal was to sell off my comic collection for the cash for the new car. But when I talked to my parents about it they tried like hell to talk me out of it because they knew how much my collection was worth & that it was only going to increase in value. Plus, they knew that I'd wind up regretting it. New car or not.

So, long story short. I didn't listen to my parents & because I was in a hurry to get that new car, I sold my collection to a local dealer who only gave me about a quarter of what it was worth. So, I sacrificed nearly a decade of love & effort that went into building that collection for the quick fix of getting the car before classes started at college. Something that I began to regret after only about a month. It took that amount of time for me to realize that I'd made a bad, hasty decision because my student loans & grants came in & I could have just used them for the car.

I thought about beginning a new comic collection but I just couldn't do it because it would never be as good as what I had. So, I went for a couple of decades without even looking at a comic book. Then one day I decided to go to my local comic shop & begin a new collection. But this one with much more modest goals because all those comics that I used to have had skyrocketed up in value over the years. That collection that I sold for a few thousand bucks would be worth enough to purchase a very nice house. And then some. So, I just focused on a few titles & certain runs of issues in eventually building up the 3000 book collection that I now own.

Actually, now that I've written this whole thing I've realized that it doesn't really fit the theme of the thread. It's far more of a biggest regret thread. But, what the hell, I'll still post it.
Damn, after all the Marvel movie madness and such, any guess what it would be worth today?

I lived a year of my life in Afghanistan, and 3 months in Djibouti/Somalia

Honestly Somalia is way worse than Afghanistan

Not to better myself, but spent 3 months in the UK over Christmas and New Year a couple of years ago while my other half was here on his own. Broke my heart. I spent NYE with his sister and brother in law for NYE in England. Not much fun at all.

I was going to donate blood one time, but stayed home and yanked one out instead. #NotAllHeroesWearCapes.

Damn, after all the Marvel movie madness and such, any guess what it would be worth today?

I don't have any sort of any exact figure in mind ( it would still be too painful to sit down & calculate one ) but somewhere between $200,000 & $500,000. Probably more because I had a whole lot of early, key issues in excellent shape.

Back