Biggest Sacrifices You Have Made?

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
In order to reach your goals? Or maybe was it for another person?

Wouldn’t say a sacrifice, but didn’t seek to further my career so I could spend more time with my kids and so my wife (ex now) could further her career.

I gave up having a more expensive lifestyle in order to have the freedom of taking time off whenever I want.

Nowadays I live with about 50/60% of my salary so that means that for every month I work I could potentially take one off.

Guys with mommy issues that can't have a healthy relationship with women because they are too dumb and to angry with them.

You took the right decision. The time you spend with your children worths way more than your career.
I agree man. Plus, I had kids pretty young, so now they they are older, if I choose to go look for a better job, it will
Impact them less.

I served 4 years in the Marine Corps. The U.S Government owns you and controls most aspects of your life.

Semper Fi

When I was 18 & I was just about to start college I decided that I'd outgrown the comic book collection that I'd spent almost nine years building. I had about 5000 comics. The most valuable of which was my early Marvel comics. I had complete or near-complete runs of titles like AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS, UNCANNY X-MEN, DAREDEVIL, THE HULK & so on. All of which were worth tens of thousands of dollars.

Anyhow, I became obsessed with the idea that I needed a new car for college & the quickest, easiest way for me to reach that goal was to sell off my comic collection for the cash for the new car. But when I talked to my parents about it they tried like hell to talk me out of it because they knew how much my collection was worth & that it was only going to increase in value. Plus, they knew that I'd wind up regretting it. New car or not.

So, long story short. I didn't listen to my parents & because I was in a hurry to get that new car, I sold my collection to a local dealer who only gave me about a quarter of what it was worth. So, I sacrificed nearly a decade of love & effort that went into building that collection for the quick fix of getting the car before classes started at college. Something that I began to regret after only about a month. It took that amount of time for me to realize that I'd made a bad, hasty decision because my student loans & grants came in & I could have just used them for the car.

I thought about beginning a new comic collection but I just couldn't do it because it would never be as good as what I had. So, I went for a couple of decades without even looking at a comic book. Then one day I decided to go to my local comic shop & begin a new collection. But this one with much more modest goals because all those comics that I used to have had skyrocketed up in value over the years. That collection that I sold for a few thousand bucks would be worth enough to purchase a very nice house. And then some. So, I just focused on a few titles & certain runs of issues in eventually building up the 3000 book collection that I now own.

Actually, now that I've written this whole thing I've realized that it doesn't really fit the theme of the thread. It's far more of a biggest regret thread. But, what the hell, I'll still post it.

Guys with mommy issues that can't have a healthy relationship with women because they are too dumb and to angry with them.

You took the right decision. The time you spend with your children worths way more than your career.
<{anton}>
True, true.

Having kids to make the wife happy even though I'm not a kid person. Theyre hilarious now though and I've adapted.

Back