Biggest rise in fame after a loss, Chael or Gus?

goldentoe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both fighters biggest accomplishments were fights where the where almost good enough to beat the champion but came up short and lost. Which fighter had the biggest rise in fame after a loss?

Im going to say Gus. Though I believe most of his new "fans" will jump ship If he gets finished by Jones in the rematch. I think most only love Gus because they hope he can beat Jones and when they find out it is not going to happen they will jump on the DC "fan" train. I personally became a Gus fan after the Jones fight because I had no Idea he was that good.

I knew Gus was that good, but I didn't think he would get the better of Jones for the first part of the fight

Yeah, it is pretty interesting to see the popularity of fighters explode after a loss. I'd say Gus over Sonnen too, although Sonnen was hyped so bad after Silva I, little did we know Silva was injured and in 2, he would get quickly disposed of. Gus deserves the fans, he put up a great fight, but I don't see the rematch going the same way.

For most Gus was random guy and most gave no chances, Chael had some fame from his BS talks already. So Gus.

Yeah, it is pretty interesting to see the popularity of fighters explode after a loss. I'd say Gus over Sonnen too, although Sonnen was hyped so bad after Silva I, little did we know Silva was injured and in 2, he would get quickly disposed of. Gus deserves the fans, he put up a great fight, but I don't see the rematch going the same way.

I think gus gets finished with in 3 rounds next fight.

Im going to say Gus. Though I believe most of his new "fans" will jump ship If he gets finished by Jones in the rematch. I think most only love Gus because they hope he can beat Jones and when they find out it is not going to happen they will jump on the DC "fan" train. I personally became a Gus fan after the Jones fight because I had no Idea he was that good.

So you became a Gus fan after the Jones fight like many others, but they had stupid, shallow motives unlike yourself? They are "fans" and you are a pure fan?

Get over yourself.

In my humble opinion it was Gus.

But I am only a whitebelt.

Until one of them is in Austin Powers and then jail for life like Joe Son they can both stfu

Chael was already pretty well known before his fights with silva.

most Gus fans are Jones haters really but imma go for Gus

Sonnen got busted for cheating and that took away a bit of people's impression of that performance. Still, most still thought Silva was ducking a rematch he would lose due to the stylistic match up.

It all ended in the second fight, where Anderson showed he could capitalize on Sonnen's mistake again to get the finish.

Gus's case was a fraction of all that. Few people will remember the recent events if he loses. Sonnen's fame lasted even aftee a second defeat. Gus will only remain in focus if he beats Jones.

You get butt hurt too easy.:rolleyes:

Well it did seem a bit weird when you say "Gustafsson fans are only fans because they think he can beat Jones" and then a sentence or two later you say "I became a Gus fan after the Jones fight because I didn't know he was that good."

I mean those two points of view are kinda similar just worded differently.

But yeah, I as well became a big fan of Gustafsson's after the Jones fight. Who didn't? That was one of the best fights I have ever seen and aside from Vitor's arm-bar, it was the closest anyone has come to beating Jones yet. The way Jones kept it competitive and then rallied back and smashed him with that spinning elbow is just epic.

Back