Biggest rise in fame after a loss, Chael or Gus?

Definitely Chael. Anyone who's ever heard of MMA has probably heard of Chael.

Rise in fame and popularity..? Probably gus in recent times. Chael is the more popular though, he's been a gangster since the beginning if time.

Gus got propelled a lot solely because of his fight. Chael propelled himself to the top of MMA popularity with his mouth and schtick.

Anderson finished Okami once.
And last the first bout because of an illegal blow.[/

No he finished him twice. Illegal blow or not who was the one dusted up??

It's not hard to dust someone if the person is not expecting to be kicked in the face on the ground. Do you know what a sucker punch is?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Very few people thought Gus was going to have a chance.

Yea yea give it a rest drama queen, go tell your girlfriends about how offended you are. Yet there were tons of haters on sherdog saying he would destroy jones. I didn't say it was rational. I didn't think he had a chance either.

Yea yea give it a rest drama queen, go tell your girlfriends about how offended you are. Yet there were tons of haters on sherdog saying he would destroy jones. I didn't say it was rational. I didn't think he had a chance either.

There wasn't. You're wrong.

It's not hard to dust someone if the person is not expecting to be kicked in the face on the ground. Do you know what a sucker punch is?

Sucker punch? He was laying in silva's guard stalling, fair game I reckon. At least silva thought so anyways he didn't get told rule wise, according to him anyway. As if anyone counts that as a win to okami

Sucker punch? He was laying in silva's guard stalling, fair game I reckon. At least silva thought so anyways he didn't get told rule wise, according to him anyway. As if anyone counts that as a win to okami

Maybe for a cheater such as yourself. They don't count it as a win for Anderson, and that was the entire point of this.

Cuz any fighter who gets disqualified is gonna say they knew it was against the rules. LOL

It's the exact opposite. The majority of people say ______ is going to crush Jones,

there were tons of haters on sherdog saying he would destroy jones.

The odds by matchmakers for Gus were +660, yet on sherdog 25% of people polled thought he would win. That's a huge disparity.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/jon-jones-vs-alexander-gustafsson-2527031/

Ah, I now see how 25%, ie the majority, voting for Gustafsson in a poll equals "tons of haters on sherdog saying he would destroy jones" and "the majority of people saying he is going to crush Jones." Well done.

Cute, prove them wrong and they stop commenting.

I meant that the majority of haters, that was poorly worded. But the 15% odds vs 25% odds clearly shows how biased sherdog is against people they dislike. I found posts saying gus would win too if you want, or you can search them yourself instead of just saying im wrong with nothing to back it up.

Every 4th person isn't tons? What are you nuckin futs?

Last edited:
Both fighters biggest accomplishments were fights where the where almost good enough to beat the champion but came up short and lost. Which fighter had the biggest rise in fame after a loss?

Im going to say Gus. Though I believe most of his new "fans" will jump ship If he gets finished by Jones in the rematch. I think most only love Gus because they hope he can beat Jones and when they find out it is not going to happen they will jump on the DC "fan" train. I personally became a Gus fan after the Jones fight because I had no Idea he was that good.

What means "almost good enough to beat the champion"?

I still believe that Gus won that fight.
Chael lost by submission.

Gus for sure. He had about three fans outside of Sweden before the Jones haters jumped on the bandwagon.

lol Who are they? I should be one of them I guess. Who are the other 2? :icon_chee

What means "almost good enough to beat the champion"?

I still believe that Gus won that fight.
Chael lost by submission.

lol Who are they? I should be one of them I guess. Who are the other 2? :icon_chee

Olaf and Lars.

Nobody gave a shit about Chael until he nearly beat Anderson

lawler had a real large rise in stock after his loss as well.

Back