Biggest rise in fame after a loss, Chael or Gus?

Right, only an absolutely fool would think Jones can finish an opponent he alraedy won an MMA match against.

It's certainly not impossible but the reasoning is retarded.

Here's how every Jones fan sounds:
*Before the first fight*
"Jones will murder Gus in the first round"
*Gustafsson proves himself to be a very legit fighter, losing a controversial decision*
"Next time, Jones will murder Gus in the first round"

It's one of those things, when people are presented with evidence that contradict their beliefs, their beliefs become even stronger because it hurts too much. Most people were wrong in assessing the skill of Gustafsson, and they don't want to admit it.

Jones_vs_Gustafsson_Performance_medium.png

Oooor you know, you can watch the actual fight.

Oooor you know, you can watch the actual fight.

I did and I thought Jones won. So did 99% of the mma media and they thought Jones won. Big Jon had the best view out of anyone and he also thought Jones won.

pretty much everyone whos job it is to be non biased thought Jones won.

*Before the first fight*
*Gustafsson proves himself to be a very legit fighter, losing a controversial decision*

It's one of those things, when people are presented with evidence that contradict their beliefs, their beliefs become even stronger because it hurts too much. Most people were wrong in assessing the skill of Gustafsson, and they don't want to admit it.

It's the exact opposite. The majority of people say ______ is going to crush Jones, despite Jones consistently doing well. I was very impressed by Gus, but other than that fight Jones haters are infinitely more delusional, reminiscent of Chael fans.

Chael was already pretty well known before his fights with silva.

That's a load of shit. I only knew him as the guy Maia rag dolled in a minute and the guy who got saved by the bell against marquardt.

*Before the first fight*

what wont they admit? I admit I thought Jones was going to run over Gus and was wrong. I was right that Jones was going to win the fight though. and I think he will win the rematch by finishing Gus

I did and I thought Jones won. So did 99% of the mma media and they thought Jones won. Big Jon had the best view out of anyone and he also thought Jones won.

I think anyone who is non biased would say its a tough call, not a landslide like you make it out to be. I'm a fan and I was worried he might not get the decision, it was a fight that could have been scored a tie.

It's the exact opposite. The majority of people say ______ is going to crush Jones, despite Jones consistently doing well. I was very impressed by Gus, but other than that fight Jones haters are infinitely more delusional, reminiscent of Chael fans.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Very few people thought Gus was going to have a chance.

I think anyone who is non biased would say its a tough call, not a landslide like you make it out to be. I'm a fan and I was worried he might not get the decision, it was a fight that could have been scored a tie.

how have I made it out to be a "landslide" victory?

chael

nobody cared about chael until that fight and then he was immediately one of the most popular fighters in the ufc. that loss is the only reason hes an analyst and gets to fight top 205ers including a title shot against jones

gus fans are mostly swedes and jones haters (though there are many). reminds me more of okami before his anderson rematch

Your first part is right.
The 2nd part is rubbish. I'm a fan of Gus cause he's a good fighter and tough simple as that. Same with jones. Don't compare Gus with okami, completely different situations and fighters. Don't forget Anderson silva finished okami twice, easily.

Yeah, that's your opinion. Then there were others that thought Gus won. It was a very close fight, FOTY and just that fight itself warrants an immediate TS. Jones was offered it, but turned it down while promising he'd rematch Gus after the Glover fight. Then he changed his mind.

Yeah, that's your opinion. Then there were others that thought Gus won. It was a very close fight, FOTY and just that fight itself warrants an immediate TS. Jones was offered it, but turned it down while promising he'd rematch Gus after the Glover fight. Then he changed his mind.

they thought gus should have won Jones winning is not debatable.

Jones turned down a rematch because Gus didnt deserve one. doing better than expected does not warrent an instant rematch,he had his shot and lost fair and square. glover was next in line so he fought him next.

you are making shit up about Jones changing his mind about fighting Gus again.

I am calling an ambulance for anyone who puts those two in the same bracket. You're getting sectioned.

they thought gus should have won Jones winning is not debatable.

Jones turned down a rematch because Gus didnt deserve one. doing better than expected does not warrent an instant rematch,he had his shot and lost fair and square. glover was next in line so he fought him next.

you are making shit up about Jones changing his mind about fighting Gus again.

Who should have got the decision is indeed debatable.

No, doing better than expected does not warrant an instant rematch. Arguably beating him however does.

If he says he wants Gus to fight DC instead of himself, it's fair to say he's not honoring his promise to fight Gus next.

Your first part is right.
The 2nd part is rubbish. I'm a fan of Gus cause he's a good fighter and tough simple as that. Same with jones. Don't compare Gus with okami, completely different situations and fighters. Don't forget Anderson silva finished okami twice, easily.

Anderson finished Okami once.
And last the first bout because of an illegal blow.

Gus for sure. He had about three fans outside of Sweden before the Jones haters jumped on the bandwagon.

Back