Biggest downfall in UFC history?

Enigma87

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I was looking at Tyson Griffin's record lately, and realized how shocking it was to see him go from a top contender to losing his last 3 out of four in the UFC before being dropped. There wasn't a doubt in my mind at one point that he would fight for the title.

Some other fighters I can think of are and Joe Stevenson, Evan Dunham, and Marcus Davis. They all seemed to go from great success to huge failure in the UFC.

Any other examples of promising UFC fighters whose careers took a quick turn for the worst?

I have no idea how I forgot Huerta. I was behind his hype train that whole time, another one I thought would have at least made it to fighting for the title

2pshhn6.gif

I'll throw Lee Murray out there, since he fought in the UFC once.

I'll throw Lee Murray out there, since he fought in the UFC once.

Had a really quick finish too. I wish they would have had him back. His fight with Anderson Silva was much more competitive than I thought it was going to be

Tim Sylvia
Cro Cop
Ricco Rodriguez
Pedro Rizzo

just to name a few.

Chuck Liddell.
He went on his absolute tear as champ and then POW.
1-5 after.

In regards to hype, maybe Duffee?

Had a really quick finish too. I wish they would have had him back. His fight with Anderson Silva was much more competitive than I thought it was going to be

Anderson wasn't as good back then. Murray still clearly lost.

Chuck Liddell.
He went on his absolute tear as champ and then POW.
1-5 after.

In regards to hype, maybe Duffee?

Liddell too, his tear at LHW was ridiculous before Rampage. I'm pretty sure he (t)ko'ed everyone he fought for the title like 3 years in a row

Anderson wasn't as good back then. Murray still clearly lost.

Murray definitely lost, just saying he cracked Anderson good a few times and made it a fight. Who knows, maybe Murray hadn't come into his prime yet

And never did, on account of one of the biggest bank robberies in history...

Seriously though, guy had lots of potential

Dont think it's the worst by any means but seeing as not yet mentioned- Mark Hominick, his career went downhill after losing to Aldo. Dan Hardy is only recently recovering from a nose dive post title fight with GSP too

Brandon Vera, Dan Hardy, and Mark Hominick
I forgot Tito Ortiz and Ken Shmarock.

Last edited:
Murray definitely lost, just saying he cracked Anderson good a few times and made it a fight. Who knows, maybe Murray hadn't come into his prime yet

And never did, on account of one of the biggest bank robberies in history...

Seriously though, guy had lots of potential

wasnt a bank, he wasnt allowed in the US and he's in prison now. He's a **** I sparred with him at London Shootfighters when I was about 16 and he beat me to a pulp

wasnt a bank, he wasnt allowed in the US and he's in prison now. He's a **** I sparred with him at London Shootfighters when I was about 16 and he beat me to a pulp

It was a Securitas Cash Management depository, close to a bank.

Back