Biggest downfall in UFC history?

BJ Penn is the biggest name I forgot., Went from one of the best p4p fighters ever to his current streak..

Had a really quick finish too. I wish they would have had him back. His fight with Anderson Silva was much more competitive than I thought it was going to be

You do know he's in prison right?

edit: Apparently you do. Lol, I'm not sure Dana has the tenure to have Murray come back to the octagon.

BJ Penn is the biggest name I forgot., Went from one of the best p4p fighters ever to his current streak..

It's definitely bad, but I don't think its the worst. He's lost to guys who were beasts.

Tyson Griffin gets my vote. He was a beast going the distance with Edgar in a competitive match at his peak. Then he gets one shotted by Gomi, and totally dismantled by Bartimus.

You do know he's in prison right?

edit: Apparently you do. Lol, I'm not sure Dana has the tenure to have Murray come back to the octagon.

Haha idk. Name and marketing means more than skills now it seems. He would be hyped like crazy

Not sure that Dan hardy should be included in the list? I mean, yeah he went on a 4 fight skid but look at the competition. He just cant beat the top tier guys. Im sure if he was given Amir Saddolah after Condit then he would of stopped the rot. Im also sure that if he was given a top fighter after Lytle then we would be on a 5 fight skid.

Not sure that Dan hardy should be included in the list? I mean, yeah he went on a 4 fight skid but look at the competition. He just cant beat the top tier guys. Im sure if he was given Amir Saddolah after Condit then he would of stopped the rot. Im also sure that if he was given a top fighter after Lytle then we would be on a 5 fight skid.

Lytle isn't a top tier guy. Neither was Anthony Johnson.

Hell yeah. Went on a little tear and fought for the title, then lost 4 fights in a row (2 finishes) and probably would have been cut if he was not a unique Englishman with a big name and exciting style

Lytle isn't a top tier guy. Neither was Anthony Johnson.

Thats probably a good point :redface:

But in relation to previous competition its not surprising that the best 4 guys hes faced have beat him. Whatever level they are, there probably just a step above him. Coming from a hardy nuthugger.

Hominick, Dan Hardy.

Both fought for a title, and that began 4-straight loss slides.

Guys like Tyson Griffin, Joe Daddy, and Roger Huerta all come to mind.

Mike Swick. Was about to fight GSP for the title, only had to beat Hardy then *pfff* vanishes.

1,5 years ago, Miguel Torres was 37-1 and a top pound for pound fighter. Since then, he has gone 3-5 and been cut.

Back