Biggest crow eating moment for a fighter.

Doesn't get bigger than this
hqdefault.jpg

The entire selling point was that maybe ... MAYBE Weather is a bit older and slower and THAT would give McGregor a chance.

Only an idiot thought McGregor would be competitive vs Mayweather in strictly boxing.

If it were kickboxing or MMA with some more limited rules ... then sure. But in boxing vs the best boxer ever?

The fact it went 10 rounds was surprising to me.
The fact McGregor won a round or 2 was even more surprising.

I don't see what's humbling about it. And he wasn't even knocked off his feet.
He wasn’t knocked off his feet because the ref intervened. Also, Conor received some major damage in that “fight”, which was clearly noticeable in his post-fight interview.

Mayweather is risk averse. There is no chance he let Conor stick around and even beat him a couple rounds on purpose.

If he could beat McGregor like he beat that asian kid ... he would have.
Except taking Conor to the late rounds is not a risk because he gasses easy

The entire selling point was that maybe ... MAYBE Weather is a bit older and slower and THAT would give McGregor a chance.

Only an idiot thought McGregor would be competitive vs Mayweather in strictly boxing.

If it were kickboxing or MMA with some more limited rules ... then sure. But in boxing vs the best boxer ever?

The fact it went 10 rounds was surprising to me.
The fact McGregor won a round or 2 was even more surprising.

I don't see what's humbling about it. And he wasn't even knocked off his feet.
You say "only an idiot" like that's a rarity when Conor fans are involved

Im sure this thread is about to get some awesome responses lol. Frank Trigg calling GSP a "B level fighter" and then getting absolutely fucking Dominated was awesome. However to me, nothing was better than watching Shaub talk all that shit about how Big Nog wasn't good anymore, and that the crowd (in Brazil) was about to be in for a shock.Then to get to watch Big Nog eat his shots, and then put him face down ass up prison style was amazing . Pure awesomeness and im not a die hard nog fan either. It gets extra points because he was a 35 year old legend fighting for the first time ever in his home land. The crowd went nuts!

Who else we got fellas?!
976164_1.jpg

"The time that you should never tap...that you completely look soft is when someone's punching you in the face and you start tapping to get the referee in there."

how? He went 10 rounds and even won round(s) vs the best boxer of all time. That's pretty embarrassing Mayweather couldn't take him out earlier whether you want to believe he carried Conor or not ... thats just sad on his part.
If that is your takeaway from that glorified sparring match you have serious issues

lol you fuckers dont hi jack the thread over no conor shit lmao.

for the sake of this post conor did have to eat crow. He said floyds frail body would be lifeless on the Canvas inside 3 rounds. he was finished. agree to disagree on the rest or make a thread lmao

BJ drops many gems for this fight.

"To the death"
"You're a front runner"
"You will quit"

Also:

Sorry if it's not the verbatim quote but

Hughes: I'll teach you how to defend the armbar

* gets armbarred by GSP in the trilogy.

That McGregor wannabe, forgot his name but think it is Gallagher, in Bellator. He got humbled

Also:

Sorry if it's not the verbatim quote but

Hughes: I'll teach you how to defend the armbar

* gets armbarred by GSP in the trilogy.

i remember thinking, watching them eat like..this dude is sleeping on gsp isnt he. Sure enough lol

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that gif is from Chris Gruetzmacher vs Sacha Sharma. Sharma was literally dominating the standup, and only lost the fight because he kept trying to go to the ground. Conor was right to be mad. It was Soukhamtath level fight IQ.

Werdum seemed overconfident when he fought against Stipe , implicitly eating crow I guess , he wasn't arrogant , but overconfident.

it was one of the greatest crowd silencers of all time in MMA

"The time that you should never tap...that you completely look soft is when someone's punching you in the face and you start tapping to get the referee in there."

You know I get the hate for Frank bc of what he said about tapping but dude must of been in a fuckload of pain. Didn't tap from Brocks lunchboxes or Carwins bricks. His jaw was just hanging and it was messy dirty boxing. I dont have a problem with it.

Vick talked about as much shit about Gaethje as possible. Not many pressers where one guy says "You fucking suck dude. You're a punching bag. You're the Homer Simpson of MMA."

And then...boom.

You know I get the hate for Frank bc of what he said about tapping but dude must of been in a fuckload of pain. Didn't tap from Brocks lunchboxes or Carwins bricks. His jaw was just hanging and it was messy dirty boxing. I dont have a problem with it.

agreed. its no different than gettign your arm broken. The fight is over and you lost by TKO. time to heal up. Tapping with nothing broke is something TOTALLY different.

Back