Bigger, Stronger, Faster

J Storm**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like an interesting film. when does it come out?

I've been wanting to see this for awhile.

the only objection i have to this film is the way it aims to portray steroid use as a particuarly american obsession. that shit goes on all over the place, and is legal in many countries. sure it is a problem here in the states, but it isn't like it is exclusive to us.

I've been wanting to see this for awhile.

Me too. The reviews have been fantastic, and it's supposed to be painting a very objective view of steroids. It also stars Jackass (aka Mark Bell) from EliteFTS who is the brother of the director.

the only objection i have to this film is the way it aims to portray steroid use as a particuarly american obsession. that shit goes on all over the place, and is legal in many countries. sure it is a problem here in the states, but it isn't like it is exclusive to us.

The movie focuses on the American glamorization and demonization of steroids, the total lack of a middle ground. Like you said, they are legal all over the world, why is there such a hoopla over them here?

i dont have a problem with that b/c of the government/Bush campaign against steroids and the general anti-steroid sentiment in this country has a distinct "American" flavor to it. not really a tangible description, but all i can come up with.

In moderation they cant be bad

I know one guy that gained 50 lbs in 9 months, then lost it all, because he was clueless

but all those strongmen, powerlifters, BB's take them

damn, that dude at the end looks like a freaking pig. what a snout.

Looks interesting but I'm skeptical about just how objective it is.

Anabolic steroids aren't "cheating" if you're using them in a situation where they're not prohibited/illegal.

But the film seems to be fixated on the notion that steroid use in the US represents a paradox because they're illegal (in the U.S., now) but we'll "do anything to win."

It all sounds a little too Michael Moore "Bowling for Columbine" to me -- choose the facts that support your position, ignore the rest.

Looks interesting but I'm skeptical about just how objective it is.

Anabolic steroids aren't "cheating" if you're using them in a situation where they're not prohibited/illegal.

But the film seems to be fixated on the notion that steroid use in the US represents a paradox because they're illegal (in the U.S., now) but we'll "do anything to win."

It all sounds a little too Michael Moore "Bowling for Columbine" to me -- choose the facts that support your position, ignore the rest.

Well, for what it is worth, everyone who is anti-steroid is really pissed about the movie. Seeing as how the director and his brother have both used/use steroids and openly talk about it I would think if anything it leans pro-useage.

Well, for what it is worth, everyone who is anti-steroid is really pissed about the movie. Seeing as how the director and his brother have both used/use steroids and openly talk about it I would think if anything it leans pro-useage.

That's reassuring. I'm feeling cranky because I'm sick. Or maybe it's the Theraflu.

I don't mind people useing roids, but please stop flat out lying to our faces and claimning you have never used performance enhancers.
I hate people like Marion Jones who just flatout deny it.

I think steroids are cheating. sport is about who is naturally the best through training. But if guys wanna take roids to get big why should i care. I have a few buddies who used to weigh aroun 170-180 and the one guy is around 265 now. He pretends like its all natural but who is he kidding. In sport i beielve it has no place but in your own personal life go nuts.

Back