• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bigger, Stronger, Faster

I don't mind people useing roids, but please stop flat out lying to our faces and claimning you have never used performance enhancers.
I hate people like Marion Jones who just flatout deny it.

why would an athlete admit to steroid use when it affects their livelihood?

I don't mind people useing roids, but please stop flat out lying to our faces and claimning you have never used performance enhancers.
I hate people like Marion Jones who just flatout deny it.

why would an athlete admit to steroid use when it affects their livelihood?

"why would an athlete admit to steroid use when it affects their livelihood?"

Just don't say anything!!!
I like the tour de france riders. When questioned about steroid use they reply "I've never tested positive" At least they don't flat out lie they just let you read between the lines.

i havent been to a movie theater in 5 years, but i think ill go see this.

any as far as cheating, etc..... do you consider all performance enhancing products cheating then? there is that grey area of creatine, beta alanine, etc.... that obviously boost performance. am i cheating for using those? its not natural for me to drink a workout recovery drink containing hydrolyzed whey, waxy maize starch, BCAAs, creatine, and EAA. it gives me a huge advantage over someone who doesnt use those products. everybody uses performance enhancers to some degree.

Why the hell is Valentino ever-present when it's about steroids? Yeah, everybody knows he did his time for dealing etc.
He doesn't look disgusting because of the use of steroids but because of his synthol-abuse.... ah whatever...

Thanks TS

i havent been to a movie theater in 5 years, but i think ill go see this.

any as far as cheating, etc..... do you consider all performance enhancing products cheating then? there is that grey area of creatine, beta alanine, etc.... that obviously boost performance. am i cheating for using those? its not natural for me to drink a workout recovery drink containing hydrolyzed whey, waxy maize starch, BCAAs, creatine, and EAA. it gives me a huge advantage over someone who doesnt use those products. everybody uses performance enhancers to some degree.

Hazy boundaries aren't they

The substances you mention can boast performance by maybe 5% cumulatively (although its neigh on hard to measure), but steroids boast performance and recovery much more (I'm not going to guess a %).

I agree though, everyone at some point will try a performance enhancer.

Part of me sometimes thinks I would like to atleast try something to aid in my recovery, but

1) I'm cheap
2) I don't know enough about steroids to work out what to do with them with minimal side effects
3) I don't like the idea of playing about with my hormonal system
4) I'd probably get tested at some stage

Hazy boundaries aren't they

The substances you mention can boast performance by maybe 5% cumulatively (although its neigh on hard to measure), but steroids boast performance and recovery much more (I'm not going to guess a %).

I agree though, everyone at some point will try a performance enhancer.

Part of me sometimes thinks I would like to atleast try something to aid in my recovery, but

1) I'm cheap
2) I don't know enough about steroids to work out what to do with them with minimal side effects
3) I don't like the idea of playing about with my hormonal system
4) I'd probably get tested at some stage

What's cheating or not cheating is defined by the governing body of ht esport inquestion, ri ghtly or wrongly. eg, like political laws or whatever. Someone else decides wat's acceptable and what isn't.

What's cheating or not cheating is defined by the governing body of ht esport inquestion, ri ghtly or wrongly. eg, like political laws or whatever. Someone else decides wat's acceptable and what isn't.

true

at the end of the day its also whats detectable as to who gets away with what

I don't really know of any governing bodys that say protein supplements, which is a food supplement. I think all of the previous substances can be obtained through food, but steroidal substances can't (they are produced in the body or mimic substances that are, hence supplementing with them is deemed illegal).

I don't know what I'm going on about so I'll stop now

im just hoping it's not made in the same bias way as farenheight 911 , and I hope people don't take it too serious and start looking down and assuming.

im just hoping it's not made in the same bias way as farenheight 911 , and I hope people don't take it too serious and start looking down and assuming.

As long as it's not your typical media scarefest, doesn't bother me.

small update on page 1, this movie comes out tomorrow!

That probably wont even be shown here, you guys are lucky.

small update on page 1, this movie comes out tomorrow!

Movietickets.com says that it doesn't come out until June 6th, but movies.com says today... strange.

EDIT: Different days for different cities...

On Screen
Pasadena, CA: Playhouse 7 Cinemas
Los Angeles, CA: The Landmark
Hollywood, CA: ArcLight Hollywood 15
Irvine, CA: University Town Center 6 Cinemas
New York, NY: Empire 25 Theaters
New York, NY: Sunshine Cinema

Opening

6/6/2008
Berkeley, CA: Shattuck Cinemas
Palo Alto, CA: Aquarius 2
Pleasant Hill, CA: CineArts 5 - Pleasant Hill
San Francisco, CA: Embarcadero Center Cinema
Washington, DC: E Street Cinema
Chicago, IL: Landmark's Century Centre Cinema
Evanston, IL: CineArts 6 - Evanston
Brookline, MA: Coolidge Corner Theatre
Cambridge, MA: Kendall Square Cinema
Minneapolis, MN: Lagoon Cinema
Philadelphia, PA: Ritz at the Bourse
Austin, TX: Arbor Cinemas at Great Hills
Dallas, TX: Magnolia Theatre - Dallas
Arlington, VA: Shirlington 7

6/13/2008
San Diego, CA: Hillcrest Cinemas
San Jose, CA: Santana Row 6
Santa Cruz, CA: Nickelodeon Theatres
Denver, CO: Mayan Theatre
Atlanta, GA: Midtown Art Cinemas 8
Kennesaw, GA: Barrett Commons 24 Theatres
Portland, ME: The Movies
Ann Arbor, MI: Michigan Theater
Royal Oak, MI: Main Art Theatre
Frontenac, MO: Plaza Frontenac Cinema
Cleveland Heights, OH: Cedar Lee Theatres
Madison, WI: Sundance Cinemas 608

6/20/2008
Monterey, CA: Osio Plaza 6
North Falmouth, MA: Nickelodeon Cinema 5
Kansas City, MO: Tivoli @ Manor Square
Chapel Hill, NC: Chelsea Cinema
Charlotte, NC: Manor Theatre
Santa Fe, NM: De Vargas Center
Bend, OR: Pilot Butte 6 Theatres
Portland, OR: Fox Tower 10
San Antonio, TX: Santikos Bijou @ Crossroads 6
Richmond, VA: Westhampton Cinema 2
Seattle, WA: Harvard Exit Theatre

6/27/2008
Dayton, OH: New Neon Movies
Eugene, OR: Bijou Art Cinema
Salt Lake City, UT: Broadway Centre Cinemas

I can't wait to see this. Loved the documentary " The Man Who's Arms Exploded ".

Just watched this, really enjoyed it!

It does seem a little more pro than anti steroid and obviously the director and his brothers have all used them but it's very insightful and well worth a watch.

Anybody else seen it?

BTW i'm sure there was a more recent thread on this but i can't find it. Anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

The worst part about steroids ( and this is personal to me) is that EVERYONE who is above average strength/build is automatically thought of as using,,,,which takes away from their accomplishments to some degree.

I understand, at least to some degree the professional athlete who uses to compete and maintain his income--it may be worth the risk at that point, but the guy who takes a ton of stuff just so he can win the local bench press tournament, I dont get that, lot of risk for little reward. When I was in my teens/early 20's, I was around a lot of guys ( and gals) who used, and I sort of figured, well they are young, there whole world revolves around their build and lifting, etc. but its 25 years later and most of them are stlll using and that includes those who have not competed in many, many years, but they still take it to stay big, etc.--there is some psychological hold that drugs have on certain folks,

I know everyone says that steroids are safe in moderation, but honestly,,,,who uses in moderation? Once they decide to use, they are going to keep up with their competitors and eventually "excessive" becomes the standard. Very few are going to take just enough and let it go at that.

KW

Back