Big Nog Wants One More Before Retirement: Frank Mir

Big Nog wants to fight Mir before he retires?

I think Big Nog may not have a choice but to retire if they fight again.

Last edited:
Make it happen.

He deserves a retirement fight and he knows who he wants.

:( i cannot understand. Unless your a big frank mir fan why would you wish harm on a Nog?.

i get the titles challengers. but mir isnt a fresh face for a title shot. ether way the thought of this fight makes me sad

I don't wish harm on Nog. He just seems like he needs this last fight to have peace for the rest of his life.

Seems like his Rocky 6, still has some stuff in the basement. If he loses to Mir again, even he shouldn't have any questions.

Chuck needed that Franklin fight to really know it was over.

Fuq it let him fight Dana. Big Nog vs Big Foot make it happen Dana

Does Big Nog realize what a fool he's making of himself?

fuck it, let it happen. its obvious some of these guys need to learn to let go the hard way.

Let Nog serve as an example of what happens when you hang on too long.

So Dana was talking s**t about him retiring? Kind of like when Pat Barry called him out on the Brock Lesnar phone call.

Nothing new about this people, he said this after he lost to Nelson. He said he will do 2 more fights and that is whats on his contract and wanted to end his career in 2015. And he said the same before UFC 190.

He mentioned that he has a lot of respect for Mir because they are from the same era and he would like to end it by fighting one of the guys from his time. Also, of course there is the competitive aspect of Nog vs Mir as well he talked about.

Now if Mir beats Andrei then this fight has no chance of happening. But if Mir loses and gets KO'd this is the fight to make.

A fighter of Big Nogs status should be able to call his own shots to retire, especially when he knows it himself. Everyone would like to come out on a win

close20door-gif.25346

If I could be bothered, I would shoop Dana closing the door and Nog is well an old man
I'd just put Dana as the guy closing the door.

I can see it all now. If somehow he beats Mir in devastating fashion, He'll tell Rogan "I back". Then everyone talks about him making one final run for the belt. They throw him in there with someone like Stipe or Travis Browne and he goes night night again. Then he'll say he wants one more match. Next thing you know, Nog is still fighting in 2018.

I can see it all now. If somehow he beats Mir in devastating fashion, He'll tell Rogan "I back". Then everyone talks about him making one final run for the belt. They throw him in there with someone like Stipe or Travis Browne and he goes night night again. Then he'll say he wants one more match. Next thing you know, Nog is still fighting in 2018.

No doubt about it. There needs to be a blood oath beforehand that he retires, win or lose. Gun to Lil Nog's head or whatever it takes.

Nah, I think he will call it quits. He's been saying this for well over a year how he wants to retire.

Big Nog beats Mir 8/10 FACT

lol, if they fought again ud change that garbage to 7/10 lol, seriously though this fight isn't even fair to frank, he finished him twice like come on what more convincing do you need, Frank is in the twilight of his career, hes trying to move up the ladder for one more run, why does he give a shit about what Nog wants, or what he has "in the basement" Nog should live off his legend instead of trying to be remembered as the guy who didn't know when to quit and getting KTFO'd. Come on bro you accomplished more than 85% of the people in combat sports be happy you can still form complete sentences and can enjoy the money you earned.

What does Mir have to do before Nog learns? He already owns his chin and his arm

Might have to take a leg or the spine this time

Nog should retire, Mir has gone all K1 in his last two fights, stopping Bigfoot and the Duff-Man in brooootal fashion. Not a wise choice.

We get it; you had some sort of superiority complex with your UFC contemporary Mir (when you were in Pride). You always probably considered him below you in stature and ability. He proceeds to knock your ass out and basically blow that notion out of the water. You convince yourself (and a lot of other folks, trying to cite it as a fluke no matter how legitimate his victory was) that you are still the better fighter, and at least you always have the fact that you are the better ground/submission guy. HE PROCEEDS TO SUBMIT YOU--AND BREAK YOUR DAMN ARM.

And you still won't give him his just due.

Get over it. He's better than you, and he probably always was better than you. By Mir emasculating you in both ways possible, he proved that. What you need to do it get off your high-horse, (figuratively) shake the man's hand, and move on with your life--with the notion that Mir is your father.

Agreed.

Back