Big Nog Wants One More Before Retirement: Frank Mir

Not sure why he wants 3 savage losses to the same person, but it's his life.

He had Mir hurt and still couldn't get the submission or TKO. He adjusted well in the rematch, but he's way out of his prime at this stage. There's a good chance that Mir actually kills him in the cage.

First loss: TKO
Second loss: submission
Third loss: death

Nog dominated Frank in the last fight before getting subbed

He couldve finished him but tried to go for the sub instead

this. Nog rocked Mir hard on the feet and droped him. Thought the fight was over and went for a pathethic sub, which allowed Mir to come back and ended subbing Nog. Nog didnt want to tap and got his arm broken.

Wouldnt you think he would madly want to drop Mir? I really think he has a shot, really. Mir striking is not scary and on the floor Nog can still hold his own.

Right now I think all Big Nog has in the fight game is heart. No doubt his career is coming to an end. I say give him what he wants for the last and final time

No!! I'm as big of a Nog fan as anyone but he needs to stay retired. I mean I understand where he's coming from b/c he had Mir beat in their second fight until the brain fart. But come on, just no.

I understand that too but Nog is even in worse shape than he was back then. Nog had Mir face planted and gave up position instead of continuing to pound him. I don't see this version of Nog dropping Mir again though.

Mir would likely beat him again. 10 Years ago Nog would have won. Today....slim chance. His body is shot, he is slow, and fights like he is wading through a swamp nowadays. He is one of the best HWs of all time but he is done.

If Mir beats Arlovski he will be on a 3 fight win streak over Bigfoot, Duffee and Arlovski. He'd be in Title shot territory. Nog is coming off back to back losses. Nog should not get Mir next if Mir wins. That makes no sense.

Oh shit, I forgot about Mir's streak. In that case, if Mir wins, then I guess not. But if he loses, I think you could still do a Mir/Nog fight.

Nope. Big Nog pretty much had Mir beat before making a big mistake and Mir was able to capitalize. He might still be able to beat Mir at this point, but I think Mir is even more likely to win now. Nog has lost twice to Mir and both by finish so there's no need for them to ever fight again. Nog should retire.

Nog seems like a very sour guy about his losses. I mean i understand he shouldn't be happy about them but he just comes off as a sore loser.

I'd watch. Hell, Nog almost finished Mir. He got greedy and made a costly mistake.

I'd say pretty much anybody has a 50/50 chance to beat Mir. Why not let Nog give it another go? It would be awesome if Mir subbed him again though.

Back