Big Nog Wants One More Before Retirement: Frank Mir

Let him have it.

If Mir loses to Arlovski, then it should be a win to get Mir back on track.

And if Nog wins, then good for him.

And if Mir DOES manage to beat AA, then throw Nog in there to keep the winning streak going...

But Nog needs to sign a contract in blood that this is it, win or lose.

Ugh, no. Anyway, Mir deserves better at this point. He's on a 2-fight win streak--with finishes--while Big Nog is on a 3-fight losing streak, 2 of those being finishes. Plus the little matter of Frank breaking his arm and TKOing him already.

Let him have it.

If Mir loses to Arlovski, then it should be a win to get Mir back on track.

And if Nog wins, then good for him.

And if Mir DOES manage to beat AA, then throw Nog in there to keep the winning streak going...

But Nog needs to sign a contract in blood that this is it, win or lose.

are you a big frank mir fan?

As weird as it sounds I can really understand why he want's it. The first fight he expected a BJJ match and got TKOd. For the time There were very few people if any that could have predicted that. Then having the rematch and coming so close to winning but having a lapse in judgement over pride and end up losing in dramatic fashion.

Those are 2 tough losses to swallow, but I just don't see this being good it reminds me too much of Tito/Shamrock 3.....cringe.

Last edited:
We get it; you had some sort of superiority complex with your UFC contemporary Mir (when you were in Pride). You always probably considered him below you in stature and ability. He proceeds to knock your ass out and basically blow that notion out of the water. You convince yourself (and a lot of other folks, trying to cite it as a fluke no matter how legitimate his victory was) that you are still the better fighter, and at least you always have the fact that you are the better ground/submission guy. HE PROCEEDS TO SUBMIT YOU--AND BREAK YOUR DAMN ARM.

And you still won't give him his just due.

Get over it. He's better than you, and he probably always was better than you. By Mir emasculating you in both ways possible, he proved that. What you need to do it get off your high-horse, (figuratively) shake the man's hand, and move on with your life--with the notion that Mir is your father.

are you a big frank mir fan?

Big fan? No. Usually cheer for him in his fights, more often than not.

Just trying to keep contenders alive that aren't named JDS, Cain and Werdum.

i like nog a lot, but why? even if you win you still got tapped out and knocked out by him.. there's enough in both of their most recent fights that suggests that same wouldn't happen again

no thanks

We get it; you had some sort of superiority complex with your UFC contemporary (when you were in Pride). You always probably considered him below you in stature and ability. He proceeds to knock your ass out and basically blow that notion out of the water. You convince yourself (and a lot of other folks, trying to cite it as a fluke no matter how legitimate his victory was) that you are still the better fighter, and at least you always have the fact that you are the better ground/submission guy. HE PROCEEDS TO SUBMIT YOU--AND BREAK YOUR DAMN ARM.

And you still won't give him his just due.

Get over it. He's better than you, and he probably always was better than you. By Mir emasculating you in both ways possible, he proved that. What you need to do it get off your high-horse, (figuratively) shake the man's hand, and move on with your life--with the notion that Mir is your father.

/thread.

Get over it Nog. He humiliated you twice and it's on your resume forever. Mir is, and probably always has been better than you.

Big fan? No. Usually cheer for him in his fights, more often than not.

Just trying to keep contenders alive that aren't named JDS, Cain and Werdum.

:( i cannot understand. Unless your a big frank mir fan why would you wish harm on a Nog?.

i get the titles challengers. but mir isnt a fresh face for a title shot. ether way the thought of this fight makes me sad

Okay, so let's set this PPV up:

Rousey/Tate III, Nog/Mir III, Jacare/Camozzi III, Nog/Shogun III, Dillashaw/Barao III, Faber/Barao III (before or after Dillashaw/Barao III?), who else? Silva/Sonnen III (testing waived)?

:( i cannot understand. Unless your a big frank mir fan why would you wish harm on a Nog?.

i get the titles challengers. but mir isnt a fresh face for a title shot. ether way the thought of this fight makes me sad

Me too and i'm a Mir fan. It seems the only one that wants this fight is Big Nog.

Now that's quality thread. Haha Nog will be put on life support if it happens.

Okay, where's my "no" gif...

Ah, there it is:

200.gif

Back