Big Nog retires from Mixed Martial Arts, (Respect Thread)

old-man-crying.gif

No Country For Old Men...:icon_cry2

He should have left about 5 years ago, but hey, some people are fighters for life. I would not be surprised if he competes again in a small circuit or BJJ. My fav fight will always be the one he had vs Sapp.

Big Nog was 1 of my favorite fighters to watch. I'm sad but also glad he has decided to retire from the sport. He will always be remembered for the heart he showed in many of his fights. He will be missed greatly.

I have been a fan of Big Nog the man ever since he coached on TUF. He seems like an amazing person to have in your corner, and I wish him all the best in his retirement.

the second greatest heavy weight of all time. with absolutely no questioin. although I honestly have to
say I don't think this is
goodbye yet. because in his
mind he still has a score to settle. he's hell bent on fighting Frank Mir still. I don't think that's a wise decision. but if he does. I'll still support him.

Via MMAfighting.com, one of the greatest of all time has decided to call it quits. While I'll admit I wasn't a fan during the Pride era, I've still seen all of Minotauro's fights, and I always have felt it's been a true privilege to watch him do his thing, he headlined the UFC first card I ever watched (110). I'm just grateful I got to watch him throughout the end of his career. I just want to say thank you Big Nog, your one of the greatest of all time. I wish I could post gif's but I'm not to tech savvy. So please all you fight fans, post your favorite Fights, Memories, and gif's of the legend him self

This thread is all about respect, if your not about that, please leave this thread.

Thank you Minotauro!

WAR NOG!
One of my heroes!
One of the first MMA fighters I got to know... before I even know what Pride was!!

I wish him the best
Him And rampage were my favs in pride,i feel old now
A legend And a real warrior
Was big nog
Thanks for the memories

Minotauro retiring is different than most other fighters. We were witness to a titan, a special individual, a real good dude.

1339742862074_ORIGINAL.jpg

Absolute legend of the sport. His fights with Bob Sapp and Cro Cop demonstrated more heart and sheer determination and refual to give up than you will ever see from another fighter.

War Big Nog.

Minotauro was an amazing fighter, his submission win over Big Timmy was epic - he was past his prime when he signed with the UFC, but he continued to pull off some big wins.

Notables: Brendan Schaub disrespecting the Legend, then Big Nog landing bombs and the whole World erupted with Pride!

Dave Herman

Randy Couture - battle of Legends.

Minotauro was so close to beating Mir ...but it was not meant to be.

He sorta ruined his legacy by making all these excuses later in his career

It was time. Nothing but respect for the man and the fighter.

Back