Big Nog retires from Mixed Martial Arts, (Respect Thread)

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Via MMAfighting.com, one of the greatest of all time has decided to call it quits. While I'll admit I wasn't a fan during the Pride era, I've still seen all of Minotauro's fights, and I always have felt it's been a true privilege to watch him do his thing, he headlined the UFC first card I ever watched (110). I'm just grateful I got to watch him throughout the end of his career. I just want to say thank you Big Nog, your one of the greatest of all time. I wish I could post gif's but I'm not to tech savvy. So please all you fight fans, post your favorite Fights, Memories, and gif's of the legend him self

This thread is all about respect, if your not about that, please leave this thread.

Thank you Minotauro!

Wow, I remember his fights with Fedor... Good for him, he is a legend. I can't think of what else he'd have to achieve in his career.

The lord giveth:

fedorbrock_crop_650x440.jpg

and the lord taketh:

8728955.jpg

It's official? Hespetch to the Big Nog. It has been coming for a while, but at least he won't get hurt any more.

my favourite fighter who was willing to get punched in the face as long as he could use his guard.

Wow the day Fedor signs Nog retires. Weird

This is for the best. Great fighter. Great legacy. I never discredit fighter's overall history due to fighting too long but I'm glad to see him hang it up.

My favorite fighter ever, biggest heart, great technique, true Jiu-jitsu ambassador, top 3 Hwy great.

good to hear. got tired of the senseless beatings he was taking recently. hope he enjoys that downtime.

War Nog!

ducking fedor

jk (but thats what id expect a sherdogger to say), legend

Nothing but respect.

I'm happy that Nog finally retired, one of my favorite HWs ever, favorite fighters ever... Just so many awesome fights that he had in Pride, some great fights when he came to the UFC... Man, I remembered those Barnett fights and those might have been the best shits ever

Now this should make rogan tear up. A true legend who will never be replaced

Loved his entire career! I'm happy he is stepping away from the sport, but it is a sad day to see him go. Nog feels like the end of an era.

Retire in peace big guy.
He certainly was instrumental in cementing my interest in Mma.
Long live the glory days.

Back