Big Nog retires from Mixed Martial Arts, (Respect Thread)

Very happy I got to watch him fight all these years. Also very happy he's hanging them up. As an MMA fan I hate to see him go, but as a person I'm glad he's hanging them up. I'll always just pretend he ended it with the Schaub KO.

This makes me very happy. Minotauro was always my favorite fighter of all time. An absolute legend. Thanks for all the fights and amazing moments.

Toughest combat athlete in history.

There are many amazing fights in his career, but his comeback wins over prime CroCop and Bob Sapp are fights that will never get old.

He's a legend. Happy retirement.

It can't be

sd_logo.gif

without a douchebag

Tasty tears.

I'm very glad he retired. Going too long does nothing to tarnish his career, I'm sure it was hard for him to hang it up. Guy was a warrior with really well rounded skills. Nothing but respect.

The guy rubbed me the wrong way with the way he acted towards Fedor and Barnett, but can't take anything away from his accomplishments and heart as a fighter.

just one last fight against Crocop would be nice.
Anyway hespect for one of the best HW of all time!
War Minotauro!

Mad respect and huge props to a true legend who did it the right way.

I'm very glad he retired. Going too long does nothing to tarnish his career, I'm sure it was hard for him to hang it up. Guy was a warrior with really well rounded skills. Nothing but respect.

Totally agree. It doesn't tarnish his career whatsoever. In fact, many thought Schaub would cripple him, but the elite die hard and are always dangerous.

10001961_medium.gif

I learned to like Schaub a little nowadays, but that day was beyond catharsis. I felt the energy of the fight world match the energy of the PPV viewers in our living room.

That.
Shit.
Was.
REAL.

99.996% of the fight world when Schaub bounced, buckled, faceplanted, and took a to-go serving of leather as a parting gift:
32f.gif

I always wanted nog vs cro cop 2 I guess it would never happen

I always wanted nog vs cro cop 2 I guess it would never happen

Nog does not ever never ever need to get hit in the head again; not by Crocop's hands, damn sure not his LHK. I hope he wears a thick beanie everywhere he goes, just because every little bit helps. That brain has had a rough time of it the last 15 years.

Hope he gets on T and continues to teach BJJ and MMA. I want Nog to live forever with the mental faculties of a professor and that priceless smile, and producing new young killers both genetically and through his teaching of the Gentle Art and Sweet Sciences.

Nog is love.

Glad he's not going to be taking anymore damage. Hope he stays around in the sport outside of fighting.

It's time. Legend, great career, nothing but hespect from me.

Back