Elections Biden says he will pick woman as VP

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...man-as-his-running-mate-if-he-wins-nomination

Former Vice President Joe Biden vowed on Sunday to choose a woman as his running mate if he wins the Democratic presidential nomination.

“I commit that I will, in fact, pick a woman to be vice president,” Biden said at a Democratic presidential debate in Washington. “There are a number of women who are qualified to be president tomorrow.”

CNN moderator Dana Bash asked Biden again if he was committed to picking a woman after he answered a separate question, and the former vice president replied affirmatively. "Yes," he said.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1239361493273108486

===================================================================

Democrats ought to just place an ad. Here you go and you're welcome.

Wanted: American Vice President

Qualifications:

Required:
  • have a vagina
  • be at least 35 years of age
  • be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred:
  • Non White
  • Green New Deal Supporter

MEN NEED NOT APPLY!!!
I know right. If a woman was good enough to be a VP, we would have had one by now. It's definitely a strict meritocracy. There has not been one single woman in the history of the United States that has been of a standard to be VP. White males have all just been the absolute best candidate every single time.

So it wont be who's best qualified. He's just using VP as a gimmick. Great...
As opposed to all the other VP picks, that definitely weren't picked on who would be the most politically expedient, who would offer the best ....... (demographic/state/region/section of party) to increase the chance of winning a particular state(s) electoral votes.

Let's make a deal. Trump joins Biden's ticket as VP, post resignation.

There. The GOP gets to keep Trump in office, and the dems get the first female Vice President.

Sorry, I don't see Joe picking Senator Jim Jeffords to be his running mate:

1. He already went on record to say he would nominate a woman.
2. He just beat a guy from Vermont, Why have another on the ticket?
3. Vermont only brings in 3 electoral votes and is going to pick the Democratic nominee anyway.
Yeah, if possible pick someone from Pennsylvania or Ohio. You win one of those and the election is half won for you.

As opposed to all the other VP picks, that definitely weren't picked on who would be the most politically expedient, who would offer the best ....... (demographic/state/region/section of party) to increase the chance of winning a particular state(s) electoral votes.
Well dick Cheney tricked W by leading the committee to figure out who was to be the VP. He told W they chose him. Wyoming is Def the bottom of my list for Republican VP picks. Doesn't help at all. It's a safe state

Aren't you are supposed to pick the right person for the job, not make up your mind prior as to what type of person you are going to pick?

Could you imagine if a candidate(male or female) came out and said "I am picking a man as my Vice-President" before he even knew who he/she was going to pick?

Aren't you are supposed to pick the right person for the job, not make up your mind prior as to what type of person you are going to pick?

Could you imagine if a candidate(male or female) came out and said "I am picking a man as my Vice-President" before he even knew who he/she was going to pick?

Most people in the thread agree it’s dumb pandering. Fortunately, there are qualified options despite narrowing the field that way.

?????

So sexism is alright depending on who is doing it? Also, I think the Republican Party sucks too, just not as badly as the Democrats.
I find it hard to find it sexist, when the end result is having both sexes in the executive office.
But this isn’t new they are just trying to appeal to the base, this is why trump picked pence, why Obama picked Biden, and why most presidents pick VP’s.

True enough. Reality and idealism always clash.

Yet it's not unreasonable to make at least the minimum of effort to right these wrongs.
I don’t know if it’s a wrong, just supply and demand. but the democrats are not trying to run an idealistic race they are running on things like “most electable”.

Sure, there are plenty of good options, but this is clearly a vote grab and stunt

Isn’t that all the VP pick ever is?

Obama needed an old experienced white dude to offset his young blackness

Trump needed Pence to pander to the Evangelicals when he was a multi divorcee

McCain chose Sara Palin,....

I had a colleague that used to be a big Palin fan when Palin was governor of Alaska.

However, once she became McCain's running mate, she changed.

As the campaign was in full "lipstick on a pig; mamma bear; and something about hockey" swing, this colleague came into my office to say "That's not my governor. Something happened to her. The DC political consultants got to her." Then, my colleague couldn't stand Palin anymore. She became a sell out.

Let's be real. The evangelicals didn't think McCain was pro-life enough. So, he got a super-duper pro-life running mate. That was enough for him. However, she was never vetted by his campaign.
Yeah that seemed like a good idea for about three days. After she talked, and she is obviously not a person to be at that level, she showed everyone her massive shortcomings.
It was a massive turn around that faded fast. Interesting, never thought of her as good. Thanks for the insight

Now you're just being silly:)

Most people in the thread agree it’s dumb pandering. Fortunately, there are qualified options despite narrowing the field that way.
Sure, but only half as many as there were prior to narrowing it that way.

Back