Elections Biden says he will pick woman as VP

Trump has already said elections will go on like normal in November no matter what now crazy Joe is saying Trump is going to suspend elections so he can stay in power. lol.

Good for him. Probably going to need to, with his track record.
With Biden as pick, only Trump can defeat Trump in November. Biden is a very bad pick for the Dems, I hope they change course and pick someone else.

Pretty sure Biden has worked his list down to Marie Antoinette or Joan of Arc.

That’s how you get the best people for the job .. way to go joe !

He's outright excluding entire groups of people based on their genitalia.

According to the Democratic party of the last 5 years though, being a woman has nothing to do with genitalia. Biden should troll hard and pick the transgender man who ran for Governor of Vermont.

It might be all presentation but he has formed his election panel until next week and said by July they would narrow it down to a top 3. That doesn’t sound like he narrowed it down at all and decided to put that criteria in place before making a short list.

With that said, I think he might already know his pick and that is all for show. But if he did already know it was a woman, the best way of presenting that is showing they won out of all the potential options (including guys). He framed this in a way where it’s him going out of the way to pick a woman and takes some spotlight off of the selection itself imo. I think most of this will be forgotten by August but I do wonder who in his campaign team thought it was necessary to go about it this way.

Well, isn't "putting a criteria in place" just another way of narrowing it down?

I do agree that this will all be forgotten by the summer (as usual, the ones throwing a hysteric fit about it are the far righters- the ones that would never, ever vote for a Democrat anyway) and I think it was done to take some heat from the groping/sexual assault allegations.

It's like, hey Creepy Joe ain't that creepy, look at him selecting a woman for VP!

Biden will pick Stacey Abrams.... The anti-white bigot from my home state. She has continually lied since she lost the election here and is an overall pig.

This is not true. A VP pick can be based on other decisions including favors to the party. Nixon's VP wasn't Ford because Ford appealed to "many sectors".

John Edwards was Kerry's running mate because he was the heir apparent.

The presidential nominee isn't always the one to make the announcement either. It is revealed at the convention. The chair of the party or anyone could make the announcement.

Let's be serious too. Biden isn't picking anyone. A committee of party insiders will pick his running mate.

Well, I'm familiar with early 70s presidential primaries so I can't comment on the Nixon-Ford thing, but I definitely remember 2004 and Edwards was absolutely selected to broaden Kerry's appeal.

Kerry was the older, stiffer, and more centrist candidate while Edwards was younger and far more progressive. Palin was selected to balance out McCain's old, grouchy persona. Biden himself was the trusted, old white guy to "make up" for the young black guy named Barack Hussein.

And finally, the selection is made by the candidate with the help of a committee and advisors, obviously. This is how every VP pick is made (yes, even your cult leader's) and there's no reason to believe Biden is any different.

Well, I'm familiar with early 70s presidential primaries so I can't comment on the Nixon-Ford thing, but I definitely remember 2004 and Edwards was absolutely selected to broaden Kerry's appeal.

Kerry was the older, stiffer, and more centrist candidate while Edwards was younger and far more progressive. Palin was selected to balance out McCain's old, grouchy persona. Biden himself was the trusted, old white guy to "make up" for the young black guy named Barack Hussein.

And finally, the selection is made by the candidate with the help of a committee and advisors, obviously. This is how every VP pick is made (yes, even your cult leader's) and there's no reason to believe Biden is any different.
I'm just saying that a running mate isn't always chosen for "appeal". If that was so, Clinton would have picked Sanders to appeal to the hundred million people who sat on their hands in the last election. Instead she chose Kaine who only appeals to people more conservative than she is. Kaine was a party pick.

Well, isn't "putting a criteria in place" just another way of narrowing it down?

I do agree that this will all be forgotten by the summer (as usual, the ones throwing a hysteric fit about it are the far righters- the ones that would never, ever vote for a Democrat anyway) and I think it was done to take some heat from the groping/sexual assault allegations.

It's like, hey Creepy Joe ain't that creepy, look at him selecting a woman for VP!

Putting a criteria in place and narrowing it down could mean the same thing but in the context of our posts, I think you were saying he narrowed it down and it just happened to be a group of women left so he announced it while I was saying it seems like before having only a list of women left, he made that decision.

Never thought of that cause I haven’t been following the Reed allegations closely at all. That’s even worse imo so I rather not believe that.

Biden will pick Stacey Abrams.... The anti-white bigot from my home state. She has continually lied since she lost the election here and is an overall pig.

Also, her gap in knowledge is immense and matches the gap in her front teeth. :p

McCain picked Palin in part because she was a woman, as picking a woman was perceived to create buzz . It's just that the McCain camp never came out and admitted this. Let's get real here, both sides have preferences in what demographics they want, even if they don't admit it.

What Biden has done is blatant sexism. McCain never disqualified men from the job.

What's crazy is Leftists don't seem to have a problem with sexism, racism, bigotry as long as it's focused at the "right people".

Putting a criteria in place and narrowing it down could mean the same thing but in the context of our posts, I think you were saying he narrowed it down and it just happened to be a group of women left so he announced it while I was saying it seems like before having only a list of women left, he made that decision.

Meh, it's probably both.

The impetus for having a female president has been building in American politics since Obama got elected. It was, "We got a black guy, now a woman is next!" since 2008 basically. Obviously this has reverberated a lot more among the Democrats, but it's a pretty general feeling overall.

So even Sanders or Buttigieg probably had a strong inclination to select a female VP. Biden even more so. So I think it's a little of both. Biden narrowed down his field, but didn't go into completely blindfolded. He knows where he's weak and what sectors need to be animated to join the cause.

Meh, it's probably both.

The impetus for having a female president has been building in American politics since Obama got elected. It was, "We got a black guy, now a woman is next!" since 2008 basically. Obviously this has reverberated a lot more among the Democrats, but it's a pretty general feeling overall.

So even Sanders or Buttigieg probably had a strong inclination to select a female VP. Biden even more so. So I think it's a little of both. Biden narrowed down his field, but didn't go into completely blindfolded. He knows where he's weak and what sectors need to be animated to join the cause.

Everywhere.

What Biden has done is blatant sexism. McCain never disqualified men from the job.

What's crazy is Leftists don't seem to have a problem with sexism, racism, bigotry as long as it's focused at the "right people".
Biden is being honest while McCain and camp weren't honest. Trump picked Pence because he was a White Christian Conservative, but you don't have an issue with that. Your issue is that Biden camp is being honest. Would you rather they bullshit and give the appearance of being open to everyone even though they aren't going to be?

Trump has already said elections will go on like normal in November no matter what now crazy Joe is saying Trump is going to suspend elections so he can stay in power. lol.

The President doesn't even have that power. It's the job of Congress to set the date for the elections.

Edwards becuaee he was young.

Palin Becuase she was pro life.

Biden was asked if he wanted to be SecState or VP. Biden didn't want a rough travel schedule, so he selected to be VP while Clinton was appointed SecState.

Never thought of that cause I haven’t been following the Reed allegations closely at all. That’s even worse imo so I rather not believe that.

He announced it at the debates before the Reade allegations was a thing. He just forgot and felt the need to announce it again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/15/us/politics/joe-biden-female-vice-president.html

Reade brought this up the news on the 25th of March. Biden pandered on the 15th of March.

If all the rumours of Kim Jung Un’s death turn out to be false maybe Biden can make Kim’s sister his VP pick.

Biden is being honest while McCain and camp weren't honest. Trump picked Pence because he was a White Christian Conservative, but you don't have an issue with that. Your issue is that Biden camp is being honest. Would you rather they bullshit and give the appearance of being open to everyone even though they aren't going to be?

It's called sexism. Hypocrites on the Left are in abundance.

Back