Elections Biden says he will pick woman as VP

Sure, but only half as many as there were prior to narrowing it that way.

Yea and had they gotten to a woman pick among looking at everyone qualified, wouldn’t that have said something more than announcing you are going to artificially limit it to this group as if they need a crutch to get picked. I don’t understand at all why they did it this way. He already had the race sealed by the time he said it so why do this before the convention that way?

This is how you get Sarah Palin on a ticket.

Pander, pander, pander, pander, I got broads in Atlanta

Yup, if they choose a woman or male of color: "Pander, pander, pander"

If they choose a white guy: "What happened to 'diversity'? LOL"

This is why conservatives are aggressively white male only, to avoid accusations of pandering or hypocrisy.

<TheDonald>

This is why conservatives are aggressively white male only, to avoid accusations of pandering or hypocrisy.

<TheDonald>

No... basing your pick on gender before candidates are even announced is pandering. You absolute fucking fool.

He's outright excluding entire groups of people based on their genitalia. How is that not discrimination? Piece of shit.

<TheDonald>
{<jimmies}

As long as she has no qualifications whatsoever, except a high intersectional score. Joe needs to make sure it's a Latinx tranny serial killer.

Pick a woman if you want. But to announce the gender before actually making your pick is useless identity politics. He did this with the supreme Court too, promising to elect a black woman.

Democrats should just start having gender reveal parties for their candidates.

anigif_sub-buzz-5338-1499734395-10.gif

I see a creepy Joe and Pocahontas.

This is going to be a fun time.

No... basing your pick on gender before candidates are even announced is pandering. You absolute fucking fool.

He's outright excluding entire groups of people based on their genitalia. How is that not discrimination? Piece of shit.

Lol @ "picking before they're announced."

You are aware that the candidates don't fall from the sky, right? Biden himself makes the pick and the announcement. He has obviously already narrowed down his field and is revealing the gender.

Furthermore, presidential candidates have always selected their VPs strategically in an effort to make their candidacy more friendly to as many sectors as possible. This could be due to geographical area, age, political area, race, religion, etc. Why would gender be any different?

<TheDonald>
And here is a leftist defending sexism and racism by the left. Bravo

LOL if you think Corporate Joe Biden and the Democrats are somehow for the Green New Deal. Yeah, spending trillions to change the entire energy infrastructure from fossil fuels to renewables is definitely what the corporate Democratic party is trying to do. Its not like the fossil fuel industry donates millions to the dems or anything.

Jesus christ you people literally have a 12 year olds understanding of politics -"Yay red team! Defeat blue team! Red team good, blue team bad!"

but renewable energy causes cancer! just ask donald trump about windmills.

Even this power play won't be enough Joseph... pander some more tho, one key might just open that lock...

You are aware that the candidates don't fall from the sky, right? Biden himself makes the pick and the announcement. He has obviously already narrowed down his field and is revealing the gender.

Furthermore, presidential candidates have always selected their VPs strategically in an effort to make their candidacy more friendly to as many sectors as possible. This could be due to geographical area, age, political area, race, religion, etc. Why would gender be any different?

It might be all presentation but he has formed his election panel until next week and said by July they would narrow it down to a top 3. That doesn’t sound like he narrowed it down at all and decided to put that criteria in place before making a short list.

With that said, I think he might already know his pick and that is all for show. But if he did already know it was a woman, the best way of presenting that is showing they won out of all the potential options (including guys). He framed this in a way where it’s him going out of the way to pick a woman and takes some spotlight off of the selection itself imo. I think most of this will be forgotten by August but I do wonder who in his campaign team thought it was necessary to go about it this way.

It might be all presentation but he has formed his election panel until next week and said by July they would narrow it down to a top 3. That doesn’t sound like he narrowed it down at all and decided to put that criteria in place before making a short list.

With that said, I think he might already know his pick and that is all for show. But if he did already know it was a woman, the best way of presenting that is showing they won out of all the potential options (including guys). He framed this in a way where it’s him going out of the way to pick a woman and takes some spotlight off of the selection itself imo. I think most of this will be forgotten by August but I do wonder who in his campaign team thought it was necessary to go about it this way.

Certainly by Creepy Uncle Joe himself:)

"Who's that woman? I bet her hair smells nice..."

"That's your VP running mate, sir. Please stop touching her".

This is not true. A VP pick can be based on other decisions including favors to the party. Nixon's VP wasn't Ford because Ford appealed to "many sectors".

John Edwards was Kerry's running mate because he was the heir apparent.

The presidential nominee isn't always the one to make the announcement either. It is revealed at the convention. The chair of the party or anyone could make the announcement.

Let's be serious too. Biden isn't picking anyone. A committee of party insiders will pick his running mate.

Can anyone who is not an establishment donk explain this?

Because Trump considered ALL SEXES and did not announce publicly that men are not to be considered. That's called sexism.
McCain picked Palin in part because she was a woman, as picking a woman was perceived to create buzz . It's just that the McCain camp never came out and admitted this. Let's get real here, both sides have preferences in what demographics they want, even if they don't admit it.

Back