• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Biden Pardons All Federal Offenses For Marijuana Possession

Changing the legislation is one thing, but why the hell would you pardon people who have broken the law? Law says you can go to jail for possession, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

It just reeks of disrespect for the judicial system.

lol its funny to me that anyone has respect for the justice system

Doesn't matter. They aren't on the "legalization" train. They are consistent in their objection to such a thing. It is what it is. The Dems are the ones trying to hoodwink you.

The Dems have proposed lots of legislation. It´s not like Trumps healthcare plan or infrastructure plan that were just fabrications/lies (and he DID have full control).

You mean like last month when the GOP blocked a marijuana research bill? Or did you mean a couple months earlier when the Democrats introduced legalization but the GOP is blocking it? Or mayhaps was it last year when the House passed a legalization vote with almost no GOP support, and the Senate GOP ignored it?

Cities had policies like stop and frisk. Black and brown high school kids walking home from school would get stopped by cops for no reason. They'd get arrested for small-scale possession of marijuana. They'd officially have a criminal record. It would effect higher education, housing, employment, etc. Guys like that deserve to get pardoned.

When I was a kid there were times when I walked the streets with marijuana. Thankfully I never got busted for it. I went on to college, got jobs, made something of my life. EVERYONE should have these opportunities in life.
If only there was some theory that examined laws being passed and enforced in an effort to keep certain groups of people from succeeding…

Oh', I don't know...perhaps pressure them with proposed legislation that the vast majority of people agree with?

Don't be putting too much stock into this obvious political ploy, that he hopes will have immediate effects in the midterms. Biden is as anti-weed as any Republican, and you know it.

While I agree with you it’s not a “ploy”. Politicians giving people the things they want in order to get their vote is the way it’s supposed to be. Somehow things have gotten so screwed up we forgot that’s how it’s supposed to work.

his opponents like me are going to say good job Joe, since everyone basically agrees on this one. good move

I wish I had your optimism but the partisan hackery of right-wing media has no limits. They are going to say how awful it is that the left wants to release dangerous thugs back on the streets. I hope I'm wrong but probably not given the state of politics.

encouraging people to break the law, just like on the border...

what else is new?

Wow this is incredible. If he does this and he got us out of Afghanistan. Man it hurts me to say it but he will be one of the best presidents in my lifetime. I don't believe it will happen though. Then again I didn't think he would really pull out of Afghanistan.
He fucked up the withdrawal from Afghanistan and it cost a lot of people's lives. And the only reason he's trying to trot out this shit now is as a hail mary attempt to not get slaughtered in the midterms. The timing of it is no coincidence, especially with the recent OPEC+ cut back. Biden has been the worst president in living memory by a wide margin, anyone who can't see that is a drooling idiot.

He fucked up the withdrawal from Afghanistan and it cost a lot of people's lives. And the only reason he's trying to trot out this shit now is as a hail mary attempt to not get slaughtered in the midterms. The timing of it is no coincidence, especially with the recent OPEC+ cut back. Biden has been the worst president in living memory by a wide margin, anyone who can't see that is a drooling idiot.

wait….who’s a drooling idiot???
lol

Quite a lot of detail in this thread - but basically, he wants to end ruining lives and opportunities for people who enjoy (and enjoyed) weed.

Sounds sensible.

It is sensible, just have to wonder why he waited 20+ months to come to that conclusion. Surely it had nothing to do with upcoming elections. Lol

Is it correct that this doesnt affect people locked up for selling or distributing marijuana? Just posession, soley?

This is a great move for America and a savvy political one. OPEC announced yesterday that they were going to cut production by 2M barrels of oil per day. That will in turn jack up gas prices just in time for the midterm elections.

The U.S. will work behind the scenes with Saudi Arabia (no more military support) to get those prices down. After the craptacular display of Russian weapons in Ukraine, NO ONE is going to buying from them anytime soon unless they want to get their ISH pushed in.

Pres. Biden just offered the U.S. a choice. Get in and get rid of idiotic war on Cannabis or go with the low-hanging fruit of "OMG Gas is high now!"

The Marijuana issue has the potential drive younger voters to the polls in DROVES and to vote for changing the Cannabis laws.

Pot is legal; or soon will be, in most states already.

I suppose it has happened, but I've never heard of anyone being charged federally for simple possession. How many people did he actually pardon?

I suppose it has happened, but I've never heard of anyone being charged federally for simple possession. How many people did he actually pardon?
It's just for show, feds dont go after anybody for simple possession of cannabis. It is getting Biden more support though. That two-faced bastard should issue pardons for all cannabis-related crimes, not just simple possession.

Last edited:
Actually a great move by Biden. I fully support it, whether it was him or his handlers that came up with it. This should also help with prison overcrowding issues in some areas too. Marijuana should be legalized at the federal level as well, with restrictions of course. Alcohol is worse than weed in every conceivable way, but that's legal once you're 21.

Not sure that overcrowding in federal prisons is a thing, but according to federal BOP Stats (99.5% of drug offenders in federal system for distribution) this would affect about 3300 people at most.

It's just for show, feds dont go after anybody for simple possession of cannabis. It is getting Biden more support though. That two-faced bastard should issue pardons for all cannabis-related crimes, not just simple possession.

Well, there are gang members in jail for distribution of pot, so I'm not sure I'd pardon everyone.

"The best president of my lifetime"

giphy.gif

Well, there are gang members in jail for distribution of pot, so I'm not sure I'd pardon everyone.
anyone who has only been charged with a cannabis related offense should be pardoned, i dont care if they’re a gang member, a school teacher , or Josh Rosenthal.. if all they did wrong was sell or grow cannabis then they deserve full pardons.

Last edited:
He already stated that it's been proposed by Democrats several times and blocked by Republicans. Why don't you just admit that you're a rank partisan and will never give anyone on the left a fair shake?
Is he one of the weird canadian maga idiots? so many of them hard to remember who is who.

Back