Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

didn't work in Canada so not sure why it would work in the US.
Yup it hasnt been working here and have you seen the least news from CTV news? so now these cases are "Recorded cases" are just the tip of the iceberg?
Media and our politicians haven't been honest about this.

Recorded cases 'the tip of the iceberg', says Dr. de Villa

Man, what would be better than mandatory government imposed shutdowns would be if people didn't act like selfish fucking idiots. You know, if they'd just voluntarily wear a mask indoors in public, not go to packed bars and big parties, shit like that. But...nope. So in my state, we are SHATTERING records daily for cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. And we have ICU's reaching capacity.

I'm against shutdowns, our economy can't sustain it. But capacity limits and common sense shouldn't be too much to ask for.

It’s true...a shutdown is devastating to most people, and all for naught if some selfish people refuse to abide by the rules.

Yup it hasnt been working here and have you seen the least news from CTV news? so now these cases are "Recorded cases" are just the tip of the iceberg?
Media and our politicians haven't been honest about this.

China won this biologicla war.

China won this biologicla war.
Since April since this begun the Chinese media and officials haven't been very honest either i really dont care whatever your left or right but think about just one thing about this whole thing. Since this begun.
According to Chinese officials and Wuhan officials.
Since it begun in China.

China only had
7,000 Infections, 92k Cases of a nation that has so many more and more people? do you see the problem with this? at least the Russians have been most honest about their cases.
Did the Chinese just stop testing?

It won’t do anything. The virus survives and just begins again. We have to live with it how we chose to. That’s it.
Well i think this could become the new flu and replace the old flu seeing how there are those who are saying what happened to the flu.
This might likely occur.

Meanwhile Doug Ford is promising more lockdowns if hotspots are seen. Its almost like our leaders/politicians just dont want to give up this power of locking people inside of their homes for "Safety" i fairly do believe the reason the cases are growing is because there more testing been done.

In Ontario Toronto makes up the most hotspot for cases.
But apparently going to wall marts and Mcdolands and schools/sending little kids to daycares apparently is still ok.

Coronavirus: Ford ‘can’t rule out’ possibility of future Ontario COVID-19 hotspot lockdowns
Source
People in Hamilton are crazy about it. We've had less then 2000 total cases. The lockdowns never made sense here.

People in Hamilton are crazy about it. We've had less then 2000 total cases. The lockdowns never made sense here.
Also from our Alberta Province this is not making sense anymore.
In Alberta lockdown Gyms yet no evidence of such widespread transmission in group fitness classes? you know at first i always thought that people would only get the virus from those who were traveling to hard hit places like in China and Italy etc..

Meanwhile officials in Alberta are begging people to have family and friends gathering. Yet i still have to see any actual evidence that the new cases are because of family or friend gathering.

Source

"We haven't seen widespread transmission in group fitness classes."
*shuts down group fitness classes* "40% of spread is from home gatherings." *begs people to stop having gatherings but won't enforce it*

Can you imagine believing "cloth/surgical masks" block viruses.

<mma4>
In Theory, but as long as your practicing physical distancing it should protect you from sick individuals whatever they have covid or etc. When i saw so many people wearing masks at protests in America i thought "Whats point of that when everyone is so close together?"

I am not a huge fan of lockdowns. They are causing people to be edgy.
I truly hope a lockdown doesn't happen in America.

<mma4>

The virus travels on tiny droplets that people expel from their mouths. A covering (even a cloth one) is going to stop some of those tiny droplets from being expelled into the air that others then breathe.

I don't think anyone (nobody I know of anyway) believes they are 100% effective in "blocking" the virus from being transmitted. Pretty much anyone with any scientific knowledge of this topic agrees. If they help...not sure what the issue is.

<mma4>

put on a surgical mask and blow out a candle. Air does not freely flow through a mask. Even the screen on your window at home restricts air flow by up to 30%

The virus rides on the air flowing out of your mouth. The mask limits and redirects that air from a directional flow “air stream” that stays concentrated and flows farther to a more far more spread out and multi directional puffs of air coming out all sides of the mask. These puffs don’t travel as far because they are coming from multiple openings and the exhalation force is divided which in turn helps slow the spread of the virus

put on a surgical mask and blow out a candle. Air does not freely flow through a mask. Even the screen on your window at home restricts air flow by up to 30%

The virus rides on the air flowing out of your mouth. The mask limits and redirects that air from a directional flow “air stream” that stays concentrated and flows farther to a more far more spread out and multi directional puffs of air coming out all sides of the mask. These puffs don’t travel as far because they are coming from multiple openings and the exhalation force is divided which in turn helps slow the spread of the virus

<LikeReally5>

<TheWire1>

<Huh2>

Go ride an elevator and fart into a mask.
Report back if no one else inhales your shit particles that diffuse into the air. :)

thanks for the contribution and that’s a fine analogy. Only thing to make it the same is you have to stand directly in front of my butt hole at less then 6ft away. Then you’ll have to measure the concentration of shit particles you inhale that way vs the concentration of shit particles you inhale if I fart into a mask

I said fart, not shart buddeh.

And the correct answer was “ I practice social distancing so I take the stairs anyway” ;)

thanks for the contribution and that’s a fine analogy. Only thing to make it the same is you have to stand directly in front of my butt hole at less then 6ft away. Then you’ll have to measure the concentration of shit particles you inhale that way vs the concentration of shit particles you inhale if I fart into a mask

It would've worked if they did it earlier in the year and everyone cooperated.

It's proven to have worked in countries where people weren't so selfish to one another.

Back