Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I had a feeling this would happen. Biden/Harris and their covid adviser are planning for a four to six national lockdown and national face mask mandate. We Canadians we have gone through this lockdown and another lockdown again for Ontario.

These lockdowns aren't helping the economy not sure where Biden Covid adviser got the idea from that a lockdown or bailouts are going to help revive the economy.
Look at Italy there are more and more regional protests against the lockdown measures. France had lockdowns and you have seen people fleeing Paris because of the lockdowns.
I would imagine in America and in some places in America it could can get worse if there is a national lockdown.

Borrowing money for businesses that have lost money during the lockdown has been tried in Canada and Ontario and hasn't been helpful. I have seen a news interview with one owner bar/restaurant literally crying on the air saying they aren't able to survive in the new year if this keeps going like this.

Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy

He said the government could borrow enough money to pay for a package that would cover lost income for individuals and governments during a shutdown.

Dr. Michael Osterholm, a coronavirus advisor to President-elect Joe Biden, said a nationwide lockdown would help bring the virus under control in the U.S.

Man, what would be better than mandatory government imposed shutdowns would be if people didn't act like selfish fucking idiots. You know, if they'd just voluntarily wear a mask indoors in public, not go to packed bars and big parties, shit like that. But...nope. So in my state, we are SHATTERING records daily for cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. And we have ICU's reaching capacity.

I'm against shutdowns, our economy can't sustain it. But capacity limits and common sense shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Joe Dark Winter Biden

In weeks 58 to 78 of the 4 to 6 week plan we will be 18% closer to eliminating the risk by 4% while destroying the country by 72%.
Meanwhile Doug Ford is promising more lockdowns if hotspots are seen. Its almost like our leaders/politicians just dont want to give up this power of locking people inside of their homes for "Safety" i fairly do believe the reason the cases are growing is because there more testing been done.

In Ontario Toronto makes up the most hotspot for cases.
But apparently going to wall marts and Mcdolands and schools/sending little kids to daycares apparently is still ok.

The GTA accounts for close to 80 per cent of all new cases reported in the province today.

Coronavirus: Ford ‘can’t rule out’ possibility of future Ontario COVID-19 hotspot lockdowns
Source

He's right. Of course by "revive the economy", he means wreck every small business so billionaires can scoop them up for pennies, and by "covid advisor", he means the fuck heads at Davos.

Last edited:
I'm against shutdowns, our economy can't sustain it. But capacity limits and common sense shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Preach

and then the people who weren’t using common sense and doing all the stupid stuff that spreads it like crazy, leave officials with the only tool left in the toolbox of widespresd shutdowns to prevent hospitals from being overrun.

And then the same idiots who put us into this position, are the loudest voices screaming about the shutdowns and mask mandates. If y’all would have just done the right thing in the first place we wouldn’t be here.

The problem is it needs to happen now.

We are 2 weeks behind Europe and Europe is getting shit on at this moment

Meanwhile Doug Ford is promising more lockdowns if hotspots are seen. Its almost like our leaders/politicians just dont want to give up this power of locking people inside of their homes for "Safety" i fairly do believe the reason the cases are growing is because there more testing been done.

In Ontario Toronto makes up the most hotspot for cases.
But apparently going to wall marts and Mcdolands and schools/sending little kids to daycares apparently is still ok.

Coronavirus: Ford ‘can’t rule out’ possibility of future Ontario COVID-19 hotspot lockdowns
Source

If it's just more testing, why are hospitalizations skyrocketing too? People who don't really need to go are just super eager to check themselves in?

Preach

and then the people who weren’t using common sense and doing all the stupid stuff that spreads it like crazy, leave officials with the only tool left in the toolbox of widespresd shutdowns to prevent hospitals from being overrun.

And then the same idiots who put us into this position, are the loudest voices screaming about the shutdowns and mask mandates. If y’all would have just done the right thing in the first place we wouldn’t be here.

Bingo. Spot on.

He's right. Of course by "revive the economy", he means wreck every small business so billionaires can scoop them up cheaply, and by "covid advisor", he means the fuck heads at Davos.
Why did that family bistro down the road turn into an Applebee's?

Why did that hardware store turn into a Home Depot?

Why did Mike's Movement Center turn into a Planet Fitness?

Does this advisor cite the Constitutional authority for these measures?
Boy did they!

iu

Reactions: Ruv
Back