Bicep curls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to say that I refuse to do bicep curls. This is largely attributed to the fact that weighted chins will give you much more of a bicep workout than any curl will.

Plus, there is far less strain on the wrist and elbow.

Havent done any curls or triceps pressdown shit in over a year and a half Id say. Iwas recently thinking about adding them but I walk a fine line with regard to overtraining and cns fatigue. If I did curls then Id have to sacrifice something else which I will not do.

Im a trainer (nsca) and agree that they are a good exercise for my trainees when used properly.Remember folks, not everyone is an animal like us here in S&P. Ill have them do curls and triceps shit at first and then slowly wean them off to better moves like chins and bench.

As previously stated, I havent done "arms" in over a year and my arms are pretty fucking ripped. Not bodybuilder big, but athletic looking and cut.

With that said, if you consider yourself serious about training then you really shouldnt be doing curls at all. DONT TRY TO JUSTIFY IT. YOU ARE ONLY LYING TO YOURSELF!

lol sorry bro, I'm sort of nit picking here but do most strongmen not consider themselves serious trainers because most strongmen i've seen do some sort of curls or upper body isolation movement, as an assistance exercise, or even a pre-hab exercise.

Double Post...Sherdog is giving me a rough time today.

I don't mind the thought of curls or anyone else doing them to that matter, as long as a routine isn't based around it. Hell magnus samuelson can curl a piss load, and that piss load is enough to crush us, so fair plair to him lol

I don't mind the thought of curls or anyone else doing them to that matter, as long as a routine isn't based around it. Hell magnus samuelson can curl a piss load, and that piss load is enough to crush us, so fair plair to him lol

Seriously I think doing curls at all has become synonymous with the "bench and curl" work out which strikes me as a bit of a shame.

My biceps are sore from curls right now actually :*( Im such a noob

I thought the oficiall sherdog S-P policy had been changed since carnal came in here and said he liked ze curlz...

Brut is Carnie owned...

I thought the oficiall sherdog S-P policy had been changed since carnal came in here and said he liked ze curlz...

Brut is Carnie owned...

Carnal doesn't do pullups, so your point is irrelevant.

B0rt by lung dump.

I'm heavier than Carnal now and I can do pullups. Because I'm a fucking champion.

I am too weak for pullups. -Masages own sexy belly-

Fixed.

According to Sports Illustrated, Vasily Alexeyev could do 32 pull-ups while weighing in the mid-300s.

va1-4.gif

Well... If you follow your bench and curls work out with squats and SLDL's youll be golden.

I have always thought that if you feel your back exercise like rows or pullups in bi's your doing it wrong...
But then again it is a compound movement AND Im pro cheat AND hammer curl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back