Bicep curls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. We joke about curls but check the logs and 80% of people here do them, and 20% do them and just don't log them.

..............speak for yourself

Your clients suck. I'm sick and tired of snake oil salesmen coming in here and claiming that x, y, and z have helped their inumerable clients make gains. Do any of your clients post here. What commercial gym do you train them out of? Do any of them want to fight me in a stone circle death match?

EyeHeartU.JPG

Barut's posts were fun to read, but here's the thing:

Sometimes my back is fried from doing an assload of pullups or bors, but my arms still have juice. If I then move on to some hammer curls, would that not then lead to being able to squeeze out that extra pullup next time? Which would then lead to a stronger back, no?

Sometimes my back is fried from doing an assload of pullups or bors, but my arms still have juice. If I then move on to some hammer curls, would that not then lead to being able to squeeze out that extra pullup next time? Which would then lead to a stronger back, no?

I like the way you think. IMHO thats the way to go

No. In your example (which is flawed since one's back should always be stronger than one's biceps) your arms are not the limiting factor in pullups. Your back is. Yet you decide to isolate your arms with the hope of increasing back strength.

Curls are somethin' that can be done if time/energy allows if necessary for pre/rehab or in such a manner that it taxes your grip.

But CHINS COTTON PICKER would be the correct answer.

Your clients suck. I'm sick and tired of snake oil salesmen coming in here and claiming that x, y, and z have helped their inumerable clients make gains. Do any of your clients post here. What commercial gym do you train them out of? Do any of them want to fight me in a stone circle death match?

Hmmmm........OK, I guess I did not need to go to University afterall....I just needed to come here and learn everything. Wow...what a waste of money!

By the way, my clients would hit you repeatedly with 10-moderate sized stones while you were still talking shit, squeezing into your singlet, and putting chalk on your hands.

Finally, I lease a space of my own and work with a handful of dedicated people who are well educated, well qualified, and maintain an open mind about training. What do you do besides flame away and act like you know everything?

Curls are somethin' that can be done if time/energy allows if necessary for pre/rehab or in such a manner that it taxes your grip.

But CHINS COTTON PICKER would be the correct answer.

Racist.

Kidding.

I know you don't like teh curses.

Hmmmm........OK, I guess I did not need to go to University afterall....I just needed to come here and learn everything. Wow...what a waste of money!

By the way, my clients would hit you repeatedly with 10-moderate sized stones while you were still talking shit, squeezing into your singlet, and putting chalk on your hands.

Finally, I lease a space of my own and work with a handful of dedicated people who are well educated, well qualified, and maintain an open mind about training. What do you do besides flame away and act like you know everything?

Despite Borts post style, he's a pretty strong motherfucker, and has put more weight above his head than most regular people can squat.

On the other hand, I don't care if you like to do curls or not. It's really none of business or concern.
I don't really do them, unless I'm bored at work (I work at a gym) and even then it's pretty limited.

No one gives a shit about curls. Most people do them. Most people who are strong don't give enough of a fuck about them to start a thread. As long as your bicep doesn't rip off of your arm deadlifting your bi's are strong enough.

Nothing. I'm 110% dedicated to flaming and acting like I know everything. I post from my mother's basement.

I knew you were a douche from your first post. Only douches use the word 'serratus'.

Set up the death match with your curl monkey clients. I'll invite Ahab to come along and devour the bodies.

I've never worn a singlet. There's nothing wrong with chalk.

When I am in the mood for some bicep type work, I do "loaders" I set the pins in the power rack at about knee height and then a second set of pins at about face height. I put a loaded barbell on the bottom pins and then grip the bar with a underhand/curl grip and then I lift the bar straight up and then place it on the top pins--as if I was loading it up onto the bed of a truck or a dock. When the bar is in the top pin, rest one second, then take it off and lower/load it onto the bottom pin. Not a bad exercise--wrist, grip, forearm and bicep

::::looks puzzled:::

who gives a shit? Bicep curls are fine. There are plenty of legitimate uses for curls...

i had previously cut biceps curls out of my workout all together about 6 months ago, i used to do preacher/reverse/cable curls all on my ARM day (yea i know),

after getting rid of them i just implements more chinups/dips, but at the end of my pull day these days i do add the occassional preacher curl

mad heavy weight though

When I am in the mood for some bicep type work, I do "loaders" I set the pins in the power rack at about knee height and then a second set of pins at about face height. I put a loaded barbell on the bottom pins and then grip the bar with a underhand/curl grip and then I lift the bar straight up and then place it on the top pins--as if I was loading it up onto the bed of a truck or a dock. When the bar is in the top pin, rest one second, then take it off and lower/load it onto the bottom pin. Not a bad exercise--wrist, grip, forearm and bicep

I would do that

No. In your example (which is flawed since one's back should always be stronger than one's biceps) your arms are not the limiting factor in pullups. Your back is. Yet you decide to isolate your arms with the hope of increasing back strength.

Sorry, but your argument sucks. It doesnt matter what the limiting factor should be. If my back is the limiting factor, and my arms get stronger, they would still, as a result, help me get my back stronger. Synergy, lung-humper.

Bicep Curls might help your pullup strength (doing heavier pullups) but only pullups will improve your pullup endurance (doing more pullups)

Nothing. I'm 110% dedicated to flaming and acting like I know everything. I post from my mother's basement.

I knew you were a douche from your first post. Only douches use the word 'serratus'.

Set up the death match with your curl monkey clients. I'll invite Ahab to come along and devour the bodies.

I've never worn a singlet. There's nothing wrong with chalk.

Please stop wearing party pants and a leather fanny pack to the gym.

Kind regards,

Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back