Opinion Beyond the Myth of Rural America

You forgot "smoked"

I made a pulled pork grilled cheese sandwich the other day, but used lard I rendered from the last pig I butchered instead of butter. It tasted like a heart attack. A delicious, savory heart attack.

Just an FYI, you get the heart attack from the bread, not the lard. Cholesterol on your plate never becomes cholesterol in your heart.

Sincerely,
Southern man with a weakness for biscuits.

I've had gator multiple times. It's a nice little appetizer.

Maybe my first experience with it wasn’t the best. Not sure when my second chance at a gator experience will be, though. Sometimes I see ‘gator jerky’ signs on the side of the highway, which is a hard pass (my bro tried it once and almost threw up).

You forgot "smoked"

I made a pulled pork grilled cheese sandwich the other day, but used lard I rendered from the last pig I butchered instead of butter. It tasted like a heart attack. A delicious, savory heart attack.

Sounds amazing

Maybe my first experience with it wasn’t the best. Not sure when my second chance at a gator experience will be, though. Sometimes I see ‘gator jerky’ signs on the side of the highway, which is a hard pass (my bro tried it once and almost threw up).
Apparently the fat is revolting. If not trimmed off the meat is inedible

Back