Better Takedowns All time.. Randleman...Couture... GSP... Jon Jones...

Karo is the type of guy who gets forgotten because he isn't relevant and he didn't end his career on a high note.

Same effect that makes some people's lists be comprised entirely of currently relevant, active fighters.

Frankly, I attribute that to people being new and uneducated fans. Clearly:
Kerr
Coleman
Randleman

Are among the top 10 greatest wrestlers in MMA history.

couture, randleman, coleman, sonnen, etc. and no mention of saku? he had for a while the best single leg and ankle picks in the biz. he took down a prime wnaderlei and cro cop. pretty impressive. and cains take downs are overrated. about 3 times in the first round against jds, he went for a single leg and then slumped over and shrimped to the side while junior just walked away. then he was like fuck this and just blasted junior haha

couture, randleman, coleman, sonnen, etc. and no mention of saku? he had for a while the best single leg and ankle picks in the biz. he took down a prime wnaderlei and cro cop. pretty impressive. and cains take downs are overrated. about 3 times in the first round against jds, he went for a single leg and then slumped over and shrimped to the side while junior just walked away. then he was like fuck this and just blasted junior haha

Saku is a solid choice. Not so much for his TDs on Wand, but for them on Crocop. That was one of the only times I've ever seen Crocop get taken down by an ankle pick. Combine that with the fact that Saku weighed about 185 pounds, and frankly it's amazing.

Saku is a solid choice. Not so much for his TDs on Wand, but for them on Crocop. That was one of the only times I've ever seen Crocop get taken down by an ankle pick. Combine that with the fact that Saku weighed about 185 pounds, and frankly it's amazing.

yes, very impressive, even when they got up, cro cop slapped his hand for it. but watch his 2nd match vs wand. silva throws a low kick and saku catches it and then does awesome ankle pick

yes, very impressive, even when they got up, cro cop slapped his hand for it. but watch his 2nd match vs wand. silva throws a low kick and saku catches it and then does awesome ankle pick

I should rewatch all the Wand/Saku fights, it has been too long. They are all classics.

Tito used to take down fools at will before his back injuries.

Good call man. Saku's single leg was a thing of beauty

Better timing means more efficiency, and being more efficient is categorically good.

Once in a while, Anderson will land a beautiful, perfectly timed, low-energy takedown. Is his overall takedown ability top-notch?

I should rewatch all the Wand/Saku fights, it has been too long. They are all classics.

yeah man, the take down happens right off the bat in the 2nd match, the crowd goes crazy. and even though he lost that match (via broken collar bone from a slam) thats one of my favorite fights.

Once in a while, Anderson will land a beautiful, perfectly timed, low-energy takedown. Is his overall takedown ability top-notch?

Just popping in to say I favor your logic in this little side-debate of the thread.

Chael should be in the top 3.

Maybe for wrestling talent, but not takedowns in MMA.

He took down Silva quite well, but hasn't been as consistently unstoppable like a GSP or a Jones.

People are listing Wrestlers from a different era. Like back when not everyone trained Wrestling. I don't have a list, but Kos, GSP, Sonnen, and other modern MMA fighters should be on the list.

jon-jones-shogun-takedown-ufc-128.gif

25krgqg.gif

Hitting a Rock Bottom on Shogun is pretty fucking cool, but it's still Shogun, who has the TDD of a ham sandwich.

The Lyoto takedown is mother fucking beastly though.

Hitting a Rock Bottom on Shogun is pretty fucking cool, but it's still Shogun, who has the TDD of a ham sandwich.

The Lyoto takedown is mother fucking beastly though.

Shogun has developed fairly decent TDD. The more damning thing to bring up would be, how similarly Gus was able to take down Shogun. Either Gus has great takedowns from the clinch, or the Shogun/Jones fight doesn't say much about Jones. Who knows which, but it's one or the other.

I realize "MMA wrestling" isn't exactly NCAA wrestling, but Tito was a California JUCO champ while Randleman was a 2 time D1 National champ. Tito might win a fight with Randleman, but his wrestling was clearly inferior. Also, it's "wrestling" not "wrestleing".

thanks for the spell check. i can't spell very well seriously. but i understand randlemans resume if u will for wrestling is better ,but in the octagon tito has better wrestling that was my point.

Back