Better Takedowns All time.. Randleman...Couture... GSP... Jon Jones...

Have we seen a ton of takedowns from Jones?

I'd say any list of top takedowns needs to include Koscheck. His used to be ridiculously good, even if we haven't seen the driving force wrestling more recently.

1.)GSP
2.)Randy(prime)
3.)Tito(prime)
4.)Lesnar
5.)Koscheck
6.)Hughes(prime)
7.)Cain
8.)Edgar
9.)Chael
10.)Bones

I think a lot of people forget to take into account the opposition's Takedown Defense. That said, I don't remember Jones ever wanting to take someone down and not doing it.

cain should be ahead of lesnar for sure.

yeah i kinda of forgot about cain velasquz till the end then was like shit i better put him in there somewhere. i proabably forgot other good wrestlers too.
honorable mention goes to: sherk, diego sanchez, gray maynard, weidman, munoz. i only choice UFC fighters too. no pride or any other organization.

Last edited:
1) gsp
2) Jon jones
3) Cain
4) sonnen

Tough list to think of but at least these guys seem to have taken down top class fighters for breakfast

throws_slams_Sean_Sherk_Slams_Ryuki_Ueyama_PRIDE_Bushido_2.gif

GSP or Jones. Overall I'd rank them like this

1. GSP/Jones

3. Couture
4. Koscheck
5. Hughes
6. Tito
7. Randleman
8. Fedor
9. Sonnen
10. Edgar

Rashad's gotta be considered. The way he mixes strikes with TDs is top-of-the-line.

No list without Randleman is going to be very good. Randleman would have tossed Tito on his ass with ease.

i was never impressed with randlemans wrestleing i know he is solid ,but everyone on my list i think has better MMA wrestleing. and if tito and randleman fought back around UFC 30-40, tito would win because thats when tito was not scared of chuck liddell and was great.

People think Jones has the best takedowns ever to exist in MMA? Wow. Just wow.

One would have to think Kerr, Coleman, Severn, Randleman, and Couture would earn at least an honorable mention on such a list. Randleman and Kerr possessed sheer explosiveness, Severn and Coleman would simply muscle their way through a takedown, and Couture mastered the use of leverage to bring down larger opponents. Regardless of his methods, each one of these five represented a time in MMA that saw the rise of the wrestler.

Back