Better Takedowns All time.. Randleman...Couture... GSP... Jon Jones...

no love for Rashad?

Coleman, Randleman, Kerr & Couture should make top 10's

GSP is #1, not a big fan but he takes everyone down almost at will

Rashad is a very good wrestler, but his takedowns aren't outstanding enough to merit a spot on this list.

Mark Schultz; his takedowns of Gary Goodridge were things of beauty.

Seriously no mention of cormier?

1. GSP
2. Couture
3. Jones
4. Cormier
5. Koscheck
6. Sonnen
7. Hughes
8. Randleman
9. Tito
10. Fedor

Gsp is definitely number 1, but Jones is right behind him.

Seriously no mention of cormier?

1. GSP
2. Couture
3. Jones
4. Cormier
5. Koscheck
6. Sonnen
7. Hughes
8. Randleman
9. Tito
10. Fedor

I just don't see how you can put people like Hughes, Tito, Fedor, or even Couture and Randleman above Mark Coleman.

otherwise I think this is a good list.

I can't believe some people don't list Randleman even in the top 5.. It's simply assine to not do so and have people like Tito.. Cain.. Lesnar.. Edgar above him. All this confirms for me is people who made this list or agree with it.. just starting watching MMA for the last 5 or 6 years.. and frankly have NO clue what they are talking about.

I can't believe some people don't list Randleman even in the top 5.. It's simply assine to not do so and have people like Tito.. Cain.. Lesnar.. Edgar above him. All this confirms for me is people who made this list or agree with it.. just starting watching MMA for the last 5 or 6 years.. and frankly have NO clue what they are talking about.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but most people aren't even mentioning Mark Coleman, and I'd rank him above Randleman.

As of right now gsp is the GOAT of takedowns

Then why was it that Randleman totally DOMINATED couture with TD's till he gassed (which was typical of him) but before he did.. he LITERALLY took down couture AT WILL. Couture even commented that he'd never seen takedowns and explosiveness like that. Yet some people have Tito.. edgar.. Cain.. Lesnar.. ahead of him :facepalm::

I dunno man Kerr was a bad man in his prime, and Randleman was outwreslting Couture at the begining of their fight.

That's a damn good list.

That list is terrible.. No Kerr.. NO coleman.. No randleman.. No erickson... Simple terrible. instead he has tito.. edgar.. cain... Lesnar... and you called it a great list.. Jesus some of you sherdoggers have no clue what you're talking about.

I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but most people aren't even mentioning Mark Coleman, and I'd rank him above Randleman.

I think Coleman is right there as well. Coleman has the pedigree to back it up as well. I could see him above Randleman.. but give randleman the edge.. because as the smaller guy.. there is many a story of him planting Coleman on his ass in training.. and really nobody did that to coleman back then.. well except The Monster.

I dunno man Kerr was a bad man in his prime, and Randleman was outwreslting Couture at the begining of their fight.

Couture literally said Randleman wrestling was the best he ever fought against.. He was literally taking him down at will till he gassed

That list is terrible.. No Kerr.. NO coleman.. No randleman.. No erickson... Simple terrible. instead he has tito.. edgar.. cain... Lesnar... and you called it a great list.. Jesus some of you sherdoggers have no clue what you're talking about.

Id like to see your list

One would have to think Kerr, Coleman, Severn, Randleman, and Couture would earn at least an honorable mention on such a list. Randleman and Kerr possessed sheer explosiveness, Severn and Coleman would simply muscle their way through a takedown, and Couture mastered the use of leverage to bring down larger opponents. Regardless of his methods, each one of these five represented a time in MMA that saw the rise of the wrestler.

Seriously, some of these lists are ridiculous. No Matt Lindland, no Dan Henderson, no Beast Severn, Coleman, Randleman or Sherk. People need to stop thinking the UFC let alone MMA has only been around since 2009.

And these lists that have Lesnar ranked so high. Dude was getting doo dooed on by Randy in the grappling aspect.

Seriously, some of these lists are ridiculous. No Matt Lindland, no Dan Henderson, no Beast Severn, Coleman, Randleman or Sherk. People need to stop thinking the UFC let alone MMA has only been around since 2009.

Henderson is not a great takedown artist, his MMA wrestling is very overrated but he has improved his TDD over the years.

GSP has to be top 2 just due to the fact that he has taken down many great wrestlers and that people know he's going to shoot, but they can't stop him any damn way.

Back