27+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Mark+Coleman+II_xvid_001.gif
wrx94m.jpg
zlyoeo.jpg

Andrei "The Pitbull" Arlovski
former HW champion

1010975_o.gif
Tim_Sylvia_vs_Andrei_Arlovski_9.gif
AndreiArlovskivsBenRothwellKOAfflic.gif

Who had the better legacy as a Heavyweight?

Coleman / Arlovski? Or was it too close to call?

Coleman. He was the first official UFC HW champ. He won the first Pride GP, and he's made a bigger impression on the sport by basically inventing ground and pound.

If an Arlovski fan said Coleman, then I can't argue with that.

Coleman by far. NCAA Champion, placed 7th in the Olympics, Multiple UFC tournament Champion, First UFC HW Champ and Pride GP Openweight champion.

The godfather of ground and pound. They both were HW champions but Mark has multiple tournament wins which IMO is more impressive than either of their HW titles, tournaments are harder to win than a single fight.

coleman imo. like stated above invented "ground and pound" and then fedor took it to the moon. plus coleman won the 2000 pride GP, even beating igor (even if mark did have a much easier fight before igor then igor had before mark still impressive).

coleman imo. like stated above invented "ground and pound" and then fedor took it to the moon. plus coleman won the 2000 pride GP, even beating igor (even if mark did have a much easier fight before igor then igor had before mark still impressive).

can't fault the Hammer for the competition he faced, or the competition Igor faced before their fight. We all know that Pride's matchmaking in the first GP was legit. LOL

I'm a way bigger fan of Arlovski than Coleman but Coleman by miles.

can't fault the Hammer for the competition he faced, or the competition Igor faced before their fight. We all know that Pride's matchmaking in the first GP was legit. LOL

in the round before the final igor went 15 minutes with sakuraba and coleman went 2 seconds with fuijita . fuijita's corner threw in the towel 2 seconds into the fight b/c of the injuries he recieved from mark kerr the round before.

Coleman. An absolute monster in his prime when there were few rules.

I'm one of the biggest Arlovski fans that there is, but objectively Coleman has the better legacy.

He has several "firsts" on his record, and more big name fights. Arlovski was fun to watch, but essentially was just a brief UFC champ during the division's weakest period. I really regret him leaving to pursue the Fedor fight now, because I would have loved to have seen more legend fights that would have inevietably happened, like Arlovski vs. Nog, Cro Cop, Mir, Herring, or Randy.

"Legacy" is a difficult thing to define.

I think Arlovski is the better as far as titles and wins go, but Coleman was more influential.

I think Prime Arlovski beats any Coleman.

in the round before the final igor went 15 minutes with sakuraba and coleman went 2 seconds with fuijita . fuijita's corner threw in the towel 2 seconds into the fight b/c of the injuries he recieved from mark kerr the round before.

Agreed 100%. There's been rumors that Coleman got the easiest draw of the tournament because of a "fixed" fight in his first pride match. Of course this is all speculation but Coleman only says he had to do what he had to do.

Basically I believe it's just the haters who want to tarnish the Hammer's accomplishments

Well they're both sexy in their own right, but I'd have to edge it for Arlovski

Andrei-Arlovski.jpg

Mark_Coleman_1000770.jpg

Back