Better Heavyweight Legacy- COLEMAN vs ARLOVSKI

better leave this out of his resume... on MMA he is a true legend... on Olympics... nah... no no.

so being 7th in the WORLD in his class isn't an amazing accomplishment??? That shit is so much so on his resume they etched it in stone.

Coleman UFC champ and PRIDE 2000 grand prix champ.

my gut reaction was Coleman without a doubt, but Arlovski has been fighting such high level guys that's its closer to even than you might think.

Coleman got his doors blown off by Mirko, Fedor, Shogun, Randy and nog. so basically mark lost to every great fighter he faced in their primes.

Andrei lost to Sylvia, Sergei, Fedor, Bigfoot and Rizzo.

coleman lost to better names I guess but they both lost to every great fighter they faced. Andrei won some nice fights in devastating fashion which makes it easier to remember his victories over somebody like Coleman who isn't flashy at all.

I guess its definitely Coleman all the way, but Andrei has had a decent career.

Definitely Coleman. Arlovski would never bring his kids to the ring after getting beat by Fedor! Anyways, Coleman of course, but to be honest I don't think that highly of his legacy. He will be remembered for his first three events in the UFC, after that he hasn't done anything really.

Yeah because let's face it winning the first ever Pride GP means virtually nothing!

Coleman easily.. Pride GP champ, UFC HW champ and Tourney champ.

Coleman, no doubt, he's one of the best HWs ever. Arlovski was great and all, but he fought in the weakest HW division that the UFC ever had. Coleman's run in the UFC(before he lost to Mo) was some of the scary shit.

I honestly think if the Mark Coleman from 2000 was in the UFC right now he'd be champ. he had the best pure wrestling MMA has ever seen.

Coleman, UFC HW & Pride GP Champ, beat Igor when he was an absolute machine.

Coleman. Would say Arlovski is more dangerous but Coleman definitely has the better legacy. Dude is a pioneer of the sport.

Arlovski hands down. He was more dominant in his reign than Coleman ever was. Doesn't he have the most defenses at Heavyweight?

When Coleman became the heavyweight champ, there was a period of time where everyone thought he was the baddest guy in the world. And he won the OWGP after losing 4 straight, so how's that for an amazing career revival... dunno if Arlovski has achieved anything like that. His title reign was pretty snooze-worthy too...

Arlovski hands down. He was more dominant in his reign than Coleman ever was. Doesn't he have the most defenses at Heavyweight?

No..

Coleman's UFC run, Pride GP win was far more dominant.

Here's Arlovski in 1999:

by this time Coleman had already fought in the UFC and PRIDE, won a couple of UFC tournaments, won the inaugural UFC HW title and was within a year of winning the 2000 PRIDE OWGP. Coleman went on to fight the best HW's in the world in PRIDE and eventually returned to fight 3 more times at LHW in the UFC.

Arlovski won the UFC HW title at a time when the division was extremely thin. One could easily argue his biggest career win was against Tim Sylvia, whom he subsequently lost to twice. He left the UFC 2 years before Coleman's return and lost all 4 of his SF fights, 3 by KO.

Arlovski has always been a guy with a ton of potential. He's physically very gifted and his skillset is well rounded. He can't seem to overcome a weak chin and low fight IQ.

coleman has the bigger legacy but andrei was the more skilled fighter. prime andrei was a scary dude. big, athletic, fast hands, and a good sambo background

Back