Better Heavyweight Legacy- COLEMAN vs ARLOVSKI

I like AA more than I like Coleman, but... The correct answer to OPs question is still Coleman though.

I honestly think if the Mark Coleman from 2000 was in the UFC right now he'd be champ. he had the best pure wrestling MMA has ever seen.

He'd get subbed somehow.

LOL, and OJ is innocent as well. ;)

Innocent until proven guilty. Coleman went through Olympic drug testing and never tested positive for anything. Looks can be deceiving ;)

I honestly think if the Mark Coleman from 2000 was in the UFC right now he'd be champ. he had the best pure wrestling MMA has ever seen.

I gotta disagree. I think anyone with a good guard beats him and I really don't think that he'd be able to just ragdoll Cain and JDS to the ground. He'd be top 10, though.

Its close, but id say Arlovski has the slight edge.

Hey ambush, what is with all the Coleman threads?

ps, draft is in 11 days and the last player hasn't signed up yet, he if he doesn't sign up in a couple days you will get his spot.

wTVbzAo.jpg

The Hammer !

There's no way that's Coleman. What happened to his arms?

Better Legacy - Coleman
Better Fighter - Arlovski

Coleman is one of the weirdest fighters to quantify. Very high highs and Very low lows. He was a UFC champion, a two time tournament winner, a pride grand prix winner, and invented fucking ground and pound. No one can take that away from him.

But no one looked worse in defeat. There were a countless number of instances where he would gas terribly (and early) and just get destroyed. He lost four straight fights in his prime (though one is heavily rumored to be a work). And the dirty little secret on him is that he was terrible post 2001.

coleman, hes in the ufc HOF ya know

I'm very aware of the HOF, the same identity which honors Mask and Bonnar. I never use it as a barometer to gauge career success and accomplishments.

Hey ambush, what is with all the Coleman threads?

ps, draft is in 11 days and the last player hasn't signed up yet, he if he doesn't sign up in a couple days you will get his spot.

It's only been a couple threads, I was going to do a Couture match-up thread but I thought the results would be too favorable to Couture.

I will be ready.

Coleman and its not close. I love AA, but Coleman was, at one time, the greatest HW fighter alive.

Back