Better Heavyweight Legacy- COLEMAN vs ARLOVSKI

Agreed 100%. There's been rumors that Coleman got the easiest draw of the tournament because of a "fixed" fight in his first pride match. Of course this is all speculation but Coleman only says he had to do what he had to do.

Basically I believe it's just the haters who want to tarnish the Hammer's accomplishments

right whats even weirder is that if mark kerr would have beat fujita would him and coleman have fought in the semi's ...? they were good friends.

Coleman, by bringing his terrified children in the same ring with Fedor.

Coleman and don't see how a legit argument can be made for Arlovski.

Definitely Coleman. Arlovski would never bring his kids to the ring after getting beat by Fedor! Anyways, Coleman of course, but to be honest I don't think that highly of his legacy. He will be remembered for his first three events in the UFC, after that he hasn't done anything really.

considering the climate in which coleman came up in,this comparison is pointless to make

that bein said war coleman,comfortably enjoying retirement in his Hammermansion

wTVbzAo.jpg

The Hammer !

right whats even weirder is that if mark kerr would have beat fujita would him and coleman have fought in the semi's ...? they were good friends.

true. Kerr and Coleman are still decent friends last time I heard.

Rumor has it that Pride made Fujita forfeit in the ring so Coleman didn't have to fight an alternate. Of course, these are all rumors that are nearly 15 years old at this point.

I don't know what to believe but Pride had a certain image they wanted for their product.

Coleman. He was the first official UFC HW champ. He won the first Pride GP, and he's made a bigger impression on the sport by basically inventing ground and pound.

This. Coleman changed the game, and as great as Arlovksi was in his prime, we can't say the same thing about him.

ARLOVSKI is very good. A former champ but not a Legend.

Coleman made a huge name on the top 10 list of HW legends.

Dude faced the best of the best and won tons of belts on his prime. PRIDE FC AND UFC. He has it all.

Dont like his style.. but have to respect his legacy.

Arlovski is a frustrating case. One of the fastest and hardest hitters in HW history, but bad defense and a questionable chin sort of limited his greatness. He's the ultimate glass cannon.

Back