Television Better Call Saul - Season 5 Discussion

Killer episode tonight. Can't believe Kim did that. Guess we know why she isnt in BB now.

Lalo being a likable villain is a great fit for the show considering Saul is a likable slimy lawyer.

Man, that was awesome. Can’t wait to see how the season ends.

Dang.......awesome episode!!! So much packed into this one. I gotta get some sleep and need to rehash this one in my brain :)

Mike is the most bad ass old man retired cop. Imagine if old guys like him could actually take out 10 cartel guys at a time in the real world.

Man this last episode ranks with the best of them, even some of the top Breaking Bad episodes. Cant wait to rewatch this whole series again and again!!

So who were the guys who wanted to steal the money from Saul? How did Mike know about them? We saw the guy from the factory where the Cousins got the money from call someone and tip them off...but who did he call and why?

I'm guessing this is what brings Saul and Mike close together like we saw them in BB. To survive something like that, I'm sure creates a bond of sorts between them.

The biggest issue now of course is Kim and the cartel. Lalo knows about Kim's relationship with Saul and Lalo knows that Saul is talking to Kim. He can use that threat against Kim to get Saul to do things he wants him to do and I don't think he'd hesitate to have Kim killed if he's worried that Saul talks to Kim and Kim might freak and talk to the cops. The only thing that Lalo doesn't know is that Saul has some ties to Mike who has some ties to Gus now.

Odenkirk's acting was on another level this episode. He's been great the entire series but this was a whole new dimension to his skills.

And I'm convinced Rhea Seehorn is the best actress on TV right now. Or maybe ever.

rpr2ty1sger41.jpg

This shot may be an omen of things to come.

Odenkirk's acting was on another level this episode. He's been great the entire series but this was a whole new dimension to his skills.

And I'm convinced Rhea Seehorn is the best actress on TV right now. Or maybe ever.

rpr2ty1sger41.jpg

Not sure she dies. Maybe leaves town.

Man this last episode ranks with the best of them, even some of the top Breaking Bad episodes. Cant wait to rewatch this whole series again and again!!

I would actually place Better Call Saul over Breaking Bad. Gilligan has perfected this world and how to write and shoot it now, and BCS reflects that. BB was and still is a great show, but BCS is in peak form. Love this show.

rpr2ty1sger41.jpg

She has a commercial running right now where she has short brown colored hair. No speaking, just thoughtful looks. lol

I can't remember the product of the commercials at the moment.

For some reason, I thought Lalo offered Saul lead or silver. Saul could have said no at any point (apparently).

Last edited:

rpr2ty1sger41.jpg

Give this woman her Emmy

Killer episode tonight. Can't believe Kim did that. Guess we know why she isnt in BB now.
I know there are theories about Kim being killed and whatnot. But I can't see it. If Saul gets his wife killed, how is he still a wise cracking in Breaking Bad?

I may be in the minority here but I did not like that episode. It was all good until the ending where Saul says fuck it, allows himself to be bait and then has that badass introspective moment where he machida that urine and keeps trekking.

Not sure if that was to show he's accepted his fate as part of the criminal life or did it for Kim after Mike's speech, but Saul never ever shows that kind of courage in the face of danger in Breaking Bad

I know there are theories about Kim being killed and whatnot. But I can't see it. If Saul gets his wife killed, how is he still a wise cracking in Breaking Bad?
People deal with trauma in different ways. He reacted strangely to Chuck's death. He holds Kim in higher regard obviously but Chuck was his brother.

I may be in the minority here but I did not like that episode. It was all good until the ending where Saul says fuck it, allows himself to be bait and then has that badass introspective moment where he machida that urine and keeps trekking.

Not sure if that was to show he's accepted his fate as part of the criminal life or did it for Kim after Mike's speech, but Saul never ever shows that kind of courage in the face of danger in Breaking Bad
It is simpler than that. He was given the choice either to roll over and die or do the damn thing. I think it was a statement to Saul's self-preservation more than anything. Lalo even said in the episode "He's a survivor."

People deal with trauma in different ways. He reacted strangely to Chuck's death. He holds Kim in higher regard obviously but Chuck was his brother.

It is simpler than that. He was given the choice either to roll over and die or do the damn thing. I think it was a statement to Saul's self-preservation more than anything. Lalo even said in the episode "He's a survivor."

Saul has that self preservation factor, he's just never had bad ass bravery before. Only way that I see how this fits is that he did it for Kim because he knew Kim would get involved if Jimmy died out there.

Which she did anyways

Back