Television Better Call Saul - Season 5 Discussion

Dam that was like the birth of Saul Goodman..

Really liking how everything ties together and everyone is affiliated with him somehow.

Very interesting seeing how Gus was backed all that cash . Also interested to see how lalo and nacho disappear.

Dam Jimmy was brutal to Howard lol. Brutal.

Called that getting married line before it happened. Lol

These last 2 eps have been epic

Gotcha. I missed the first wife as they never really showed that part of Jimmy's past. They showed him with his scamming buddy and a bit about his past but never showed his 1st wife so I wasn't sure. So that does make perfect sense about Kim banging his stepdad then.

I can't quite figure out what's up with Kim and why the hell she puts up with Saul's crap. I think the opening of the show did give us some insight into it though. I mean she's clearly been around crappy relationship her whole life with her mom, and potentially a co-dependent relationship. I think she likes how Jimmy needs her but even more how Jimmy helps her feel alive and lets her stray from her normal straight and narrow ways a bit.

But he's screwed her over so much and then she drops that bomb on him at the end of this episode?? Probably one of my favorite episodes ever though.
His hustlin ways low key gets her wet

Dam that was like the birth of Saul Goodman..

Really liking how everything ties together and everyone is affiliated with him somehow.

Very interesting seeing how Gus was backed all that cash . Also interested to see how lalo and nacho disappear.

Ya, I think that last scene was basically the full transformation to Saul. Or at least it showed us that Jimmy......who clearly felt bad about that family of the guy who was killed by Lalo.....is completely gone now that Saul took over.

Now we know what Saul really thinks of himself. He thinks Howard killed Chuck (and takes no personal responsiblity for it) and he thinks he's better than all of them. He considers himself a god among men now and that his ties with the cartel make him above them all and he's doing things they can only imagine!

And it appears Kim isn't keeping him in check much anymore either. She kind of likes it and is just going along with whatever he wants to do. He lost Chuck (who was incredibly mean to Jimmy but also did give him reality checks) and Kim isn't acting as Jimmy's conscience anymore. They've been replaced by the Cartel, Gus, Mike, and an accepting Kim.

I enjoyed the courtroom scenes with Lalo but I don't get the outburst at Howard. Jimmy/Saul had more to do with Chuck's death than Hamlin really.

I enjoyed the courtroom scenes with Lalo but I don't get the outburst at Howard. Jimmy/Saul had more to do with Chuck's death than Hamlin really.

Saul is probably projecting jimmy's guilty conscious onto howard. He knows he is most responsible for sending Chuck over the edge but as Saul, Jimmy thinks he is better and smarter than all of the "traditional" Lawyers. Deep down, Jimmy knows Howard was alwasy pretty fair to him, but he also views him as the guy who chucked liked more.

Saul is probably projecting jimmy's guilty conscious onto howard. He knows he is most responsible for sending Chuck over the edge but as Saul, Jimmy thinks he is better and smarter than all of the "traditional" Lawyers. Deep down, Jimmy knows Howard was alwasy pretty fair to him, but he also views him as the guy who chucked liked more.

I think that's correct. Jimmy isn't stupid and he has to know he pushed Chuck further than Howard did towards Chuck's suicide. But Saul seems like his 2nd personality that doesn't take responsibility for anything. He is the victim in a sense, or somehow seems like Jimmy's protector or Jimmy's enforcer in a sense.

This is a really really good show and this season has been awesome IMO.

I also liked how Kevin respected Kim for being honest. Kim went out on a limb calling out Kevin for not listening to him. But people like Kevin....the old school mentality growing up a "country boy" in a sense with his father....tend to appreciate and respect straight forward no bullshit talk. As long as his ego can handle it, and it can, Kevin wants to hear things straight on. Probably why he hates all the lawyer talk and the BS he had to deal with with his land.

I think that's correct. Jimmy isn't stupid and he has to know he pushed Chuck further than Howard did towards Chuck's suicide. But Saul seems like his 2nd personality that doesn't take responsibility for anything. He is the victim in a sense, or somehow seems like Jimmy's protector or Jimmy's enforcer in a sense.

This is a really really good show and this season has been awesome IMO.

Saul is the manifestation of everything Chuck hated about Jimmy -- namely a really smart guy who succeeds outside the lines. Howard is a relatively mediocre lawyer but thrives at portraying the cookie cutter image of successful; which is the antithesis of Saul (probably why Saul continued to keep the outfits post Clifford Main firing)

I love this show but this season has been iffy to me -- i like the Lalo/ Nacho storyline but dislike the over usage of stunts Saul has been doing -- they just seem perfunctory

I missed the first couple minutes of the last episode. At the end of the previous episode, was Kim fucking with Saul when she acted like she was done with the relationship...only to reveal that she was turned on by his stunt with Mesa Verde when she said they should get married?

Or is the marriage just so they won't have to testify against each other?

Ya, I think that last scene was basically the full transformation to Saul. Or at least it showed us that Jimmy......who clearly felt bad about that family of the guy who was killed by Lalo.....is completely gone now that Saul took over.

Now we know what Saul really thinks of himself. He thinks Howard killed Chuck (and takes no personal responsiblity for it) and he thinks he's better than all of them. He considers himself a god among men now and that his ties with the cartel make him above them all and he's doing things they can only imagine!

And it appears Kim isn't keeping him in check much anymore either. She kind of likes it and is just going along with whatever he wants to do. He lost Chuck (who was incredibly mean to Jimmy but also did give him reality checks) and Kim isn't acting as Jimmy's conscience anymore. They've been replaced by the Cartel, Gus, Mike, and an accepting Kim.

Pretty much what I think, but how does he go from this, and his desire to be a drgu lawyer with his own jet and ranch in Montana lol, to being a two bit lawyer in Breaking Bad.

I have a very different take, IMO Howard's offer really exposed Jimmy's feeling about his brother's death. And he was caught off guard by Howard knowing about the prostitute and bowling ball, especially not confronting him right away, so on the spot he had to go all out on Howard.

What happened? I haven't seen the episode yet.

At the end of Episode 6 Kim says that she can't deal with Jimmy/Saul anyway...and then says they should split up....or maybe just get marrried.

In episode 7 they get married, though it seems mainly for the sole purpose of protecting her from ever having to testify against him since apparently that's a legal thing. But they do seem to have attraction towards each other after they get off work and take each other's close off. That's why Jimmy decides to honor Kim's request that he tell her everything by him telling her about the Cartel's offer.

Great stuff in the last episode, my fav character this season is Lalo

Also like how they're bringing in all the characters from Frings Operation. We will most likely see that whole story in the next season with the 10 guys that got killed within a minute.

Was curious how much 7 mil in $100 bill weigh, it seems they were carrying them too easily, it's suppose to be 125lbs.

Back