News Beterbiev vs Bivol Oct.12th in Saudi ESPN+

Who wins ?

• Total voters
I guess one could argue that Bivol's opponents weren't as good as Floyd's. But one thing I'm seeing here is people not giving credit to Bivol's resume because the only truly good opponent he fought was Canelo. Well the same could be said but Beterbiev except he doesn't have anyone of Canelo's caliber on his resume.
Canelo’s caliber wasn’t AS high at LHW is the finer point in the narrative.

Beterbiev has Callum Smith, Joe Smith jr, Yarde, Gvozdyk (who had the W over Stevenson), Browne, hell I even recognize Campillo and Cloud. Not a murderers row, average bunch, but the WAY he beat them. Yarde was the best of the bunch surprisingly, but none of them, not even one presents the same problems Bivol presents, and vice versa I don’t think resumes tell a damn thing about this fight outside a pretty cool eye test either way you look. Neither has been equaled or even rivaled so this must really be THE showdown.

Last edited:
I guess one could argue that Bivol's opponents weren't as good as Floyd's. But one thing I'm seeing here is people not giving credit to Bivol's resume because the only truly good opponent he fought was Canelo. Well the same could be said but Beterbiev except he doesn't have anyone of Canelo's caliber on his resume.
You can't seriously be comparing Bivol's resume to Beterbiev lol? Of the current top 10 LHW's according to Ring Magazine Beterbiev has beaten 3 of them (Callum Smith, Anthony Yarde, and Gvozdyk). Bivol has beaten 0. Beterbiev has unified titles twice, Bivol hasn't. Bivol is only in the argument because of Canelo, his resume is not very good at LHW, whereas Beterbiev's is very solid. I give Bivol a ton of credit for the way he beat Canelo, which is why i don't trash his resume usually, but the weakness of his resume is rarely talked about.

Fight can't get here soon enough. Bivol is a great technical fighter that has great defense ,control of distance, and good power so I won't say that he is being overrated, but I will say that Beterbievs technique is consistently underrated which leads back to my first sentence. Only by beating Bivol will he be looked at as what I truly believe he is which is an offensive technician that can brawl and bully because he is physically strong as hell.

For all the talk of Beterbievs power he's not been a one hitter quitter KO type and his style is more about breaking you down boxing off both the back and front foot using great timing and accuracy which he does comfortably. His last 3 fights the beginning of the end for his opponents came from his counterpunching.

Beterbiev's power is special but it's not his greatest, asset, his greatest asset is his ability to deliver the power and disguise it. Bivol's got great technical skills and a great fight IQ and his job will be to keep the avalanche at bay but it's going to be a tall task as 12 rounds is a LONG time to be in the ring with Beterbiev. We are talking single shots and combinations at all ranges, with diverse angles and punch variety, entry and exit traps and damaging power with minimal to zero tells as Beterbiew does not have to wind up to cause massive damage. Looking forward to this great fight but I got Beterbiev by TKO after Bivol loses too many dice rolls.

Last edited:
If DAZN still wants to make this a PPV … I don’t see anybody in the US buying it …

Beterbiev vs Bivol will be live on ESPN+ …

You can't seriously be comparing Bivol's resume to Beterbiev lol? Of the current top 10 LHW's according to Ring Magazine Beterbiev has beaten 3 of them (Callum Smith, Anthony Yarde, and Gvozdyk). Bivol has beaten 0. Beterbiev has unified titles twice, Bivol hasn't. Bivol is only in the argument because of Canelo, his resume is not very good at LHW, whereas Beterbiev's is very solid. I give Bivol a ton of credit for the way he beat Canelo, which is why i don't trash his resume usually, but the weakness of his resume is rarely talked about.
beterbiev's beatdown of gvozdyk is underrated, but claiming guys should be ranked now isn't fair.

the win over barrera was impressive, he beat smith jr, canelo, and ramirez. those are all very solid wins. i don't have the time to look it up, but i'd wager all of them were ranked when he beat them.

of course, none of them stack up to the gvozdyk fight, but people pretend like bivol's fought nothing but cans aren't giving him nearly enough credit.

this part, especially. i think that's why people don't realize how good he is defensively, because his defense consists of him sliding out of range more so than dodging or slipping punches. it's sublime, you don't even realize that he avoided the punch.

i mean bivol's stats are insane. mayweather is considered a defensive genius, and mosley landed on him at 20%, pac at 19%. canelo, who is widely considered to be clowned defensively in his fight with mayweather, landed at 22% on floyd. he landed at 17% on bivol. even in absolute numbers, the implication holds up.
That's because he targeted Bivols arm.

Interesting interview of Bivol. Unfortunately they don't have one of Beterbiev. They do have one with Bud though. Cool channel overall.

They just talk about some general boxing stuff, his training, etc. but nothing specifically about this fight.

Back