Bet the house on Robbie

safe_image.php
wdrG3hfSN9GtXDmuL_FWY2tEqGpCi3gUalVuzS5mG8CYRTSl9ImVtucCxWb75pk2L9Ze2ZttJvjsv9T9CxcAZ4a9WakzgrhAG9d_e60pURpj66sJDg

If Nick gives a shit he can still win. Robbie has bunch of injuries and is scared to throw. He has UFC Crocop syndrome. But then again Nick might mean mug for 5 rounds while Robbie is barely throwing anything but still more than unmotivated Nick.

I couldn't agree more on all of this.

Robbie has looked like a shadow of himself

Something fishy going on with Diaz for sure

I wouldn't touch this fight(betting-wise)

Losses to Magny Colby and RDA, looked good against Askren and easily could have been stopped by the ref and then was stopped prem.

Magny Colby and RDA are all fit healthy and well rounded pressure style fighters with a rounded gameplan, I don’t put Nick in that category, maybe 6 years ago I’d call him a pressure striker but that would be all.
I don’t put that much value into Robbie being washed as a lot do on here

Diaz is not normal people. I think we've seen it enough. it's too hard to say what this fight will look like.

If Nick gives a shit he can still win. Robbie has bunch of injuries and is scared to throw. He has UFC Crocop syndrome. But then again Nick might mean mug for 5 rounds while Robbie is barely throwing anything but still more than unmotivated Nick.
Didnt Crocop win his rematch with Gonzaga? Robbie is in great shape & Nick looks like he spent his entire camp drinking beer & eating pizza rolls.

Im a Diaz bro fan, but I really wanna see Robbie turn around his current losing streak, and upset all the casuals who think Diaz will roll through him.

giphy.gif

WAR ROBBIE!!!

Yup, I like the Diaz bros, but Robbie doesn't have a chip on his shoulder and likes to mix it up in the octagon. He's a fun, likeable guy, I want him to beat Nick, whom I respect.

That fight was honestly the last time Robbie looked like he still had anything left. He was smashing Ben.
It was brutal. Then “Smokin” Herb Dean went and ruined it with a historically bad stoppage.

Definitely do not do this.

Robbie has lost 14 consecutive rounds unanimously, has not won a round on a single judges scorecard since 2017, and infamously was not able to finish Ben Askren who was bleeding out of his head.

No one knows what the hell is going to happen.
Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight in 10 years.

I agree with OP. Nick looks old, flabby, and unmotivated. Lawler may not be in top form, but he's at least been active. It's as close to a lock as it gets. It's stuff like this that separates the casuals from the Kumite champs.

There definitely is something wrong with Nick, look what he looked like just months ago compared to now. He would never show up looking like he does if something weren't wrong imo.

I know people always say Nick is shy when on camera and he looks lackluster in training but shows up on fight night. Fair enough, but you can't discount the reality of aging. He literally looks older, less conditioned and more mentally bothered than he normally is.

Am I the only person who remembers the first UFC?

Royce Gracie proved a hundred years ago that dad bod with skill beats muscles.

But Royce was WAY MORE skilled in a neglected area.

The skill gap between Nick and Robbie isn't that huge, IMHO.

Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight in 10 years.

So therefore you:

Bet on the fighter whose demonstrated ability you know has seriously declined rather than the fighter whose last fight was over six years ago?

Allocate those funds to a different fight in which you have a reasonable expectation of how the fighter is going to perform?

Bet on neither and enjoy the fight since Nick has not been in a real fight since 2013 and you therefore have no clue how he will look?

Im going with the latter, but if the public continues jacking up Robbies price then a Diaz bet becomes viable.

The last time Nick fought in 2015 his opponent (Silva) tested positive for anabolic steroids so you can throw out the results of that fight as the NSAC did.

But Royce was WAY MORE skilled in a neglected area.

The skill gap between Nick and Robbie isn't that huge, IMHO.
In terms of Jiu Jitsu, Nick is closer to Royce than Robbie is to Nick.
Nick is also a better striker than Robbie, so this doesn't bode well for Robbie.

And in terms of the dad bod, we know Nick has maintained his endurance training over the years, while Robbie could barely get up to jogging speed in the last embedded video. Nick could not train for a year and still be in better shape than Robbie.

Nick coming into the fight with a major injury as many suspect is the only thing that would keep me from betting the house on Nick.

In terms of Jiu Jitsu, Nick is closer to Royce than Robbie is to Nick.
Nick is also a better striker than Robbie, so this doesn't bode well for Robbie.

And in terms of the dad bod, we know Nick has maintained his endurance training over the years, while Robbie could barely get up to jogging speed in the last embedded video. Nick could not train for a year and still be in better shape than Robbie.

Nick coming into the fight with a major injury as many suspect is the only thing that would keep me from betting the house on Nick.

You can bet all you want, I know Nick has better jiu jitsu, but without wrestling, it’s not as threatening. I know Nick has great conditioning, but the dude looks so bloated and uninterested in fighting, that I think it’s foolish for people to underestimate Robbie’s chances. Nick has a lot of tools, but also, a lot of question marks.

last time Nick won a fight, it was against BJ Penn in 2011

5 years inactivity dont make you better, he could not make 170, thats it
bet the house on Robbie

Back