Bet the house on Robbie

I didn't 'bet the house' but I did put a healthy lil' bet on both of those so I'm on board with this

volk will probably win. but i wouldn't count ortega out.

volk probably wont be able to pin him to the cage and stall like he did with max and aldo. he's going to want to keep distance and stay away from any grappling exchanges. ortega has solid KO power as well if he can land clean. if max can drop volk then ortega definitely can as well.

but i think volks standup game will confuse ortega and he'll get by with an easy decision if had to bet.

Volk is elite the eye test clealy shows it even when he fought Mendez.

TS doesn't know Diaz's last win was so long ago because he was suspended and didn't fight at all?

The big difference is Nick didn't take any damage since his last fight, while Robbie went to war a bunch of times. Meanwhile, Nick has been training a lot.
If anything, I'd say the layoff will be an advantage rather than a disadvantage.
If Nick was to fight a younger fighter, things would be different.

I wouldnt put a dime on Australian Napoleon, no chance of that ever happening, i do agree that Lawler should take it.

You won't make any friends in here by advising people on how to lose their money.

The only way to save this thread is if TS quickly buys a house, bets it, and posts the slip.

His suspension was reduced. He could have fought a lot sooner.
Yes, but it is kind of lame to phrase that "his last win" wasn't since X, when his last fight was that long ago. It isn't like he fought a lot the past six years and didn't win. He just didn't fight period.

Still have no idea on the main event. It was such a contrast in Ortega's performances from his fight with Max, to Zombie. It's really hard to gauge how much exactly he's improved, all we know was it's a lot but we only have the one sample. Whether it's gotten him to the Max/Volk level, or maybe even surpassed them.

Volk is harmless in the stand-up and he won't like Ortega's ground game, I see this going Ortega by hurting him in the stand-up and a finish.

Lawler vs Nick I have no idea, I would say Nick by TKO/decision if they rumors of him getting KO'd in training were not out.

XL cup Ortega is for real. But I am afraid he might wear a regular cup this time giving Volk an easy win.

Since Volk is going to win and Robbie is going to win you should parlay it

Or pick diaz and Brian and win a new house without losing the house

I don't know how anybody thinks Diaz is going to win. He's going to get destroyed. Good bet, at least on the Lawler side.

Back